cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AW
Helper II
Helper II

Filter on ClearCollect

I've checked other solutions, but they all are missing some of the complexities of mine. I have a collection "Productlist" of items (Dropdown/Lookup) for an order based on 8 "rows" (Item, Qty, ItemPrice, ItemTotal). I need to filter the Collection to exclude quantities that are blank.

I tried adding the Filter option first, and then tried ForAll, but I can't get it right on either. I think my complication compared to the other solutions I've seen is that they are usually using a list, whereas I'm using multiple fields. So I need to evaluate the exclusion for each quantity field in the collection (Item1Qty, Item2Qty, Item3Qty, etc.) 

My working collection script is below.

ClearCollect(
ProductList,
{ColItem: Item1Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item1Qty, ColItemPrice: Price1Label, ColItemTotal: Total1Label},
{ColItem: Item2Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item2Qty, ColItemPrice: Price2Label, ColItemTotal: Total2Label},,
{ColItem: Item3Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item3Qty, ColItemPrice: Price3Label, ColItemTotal: Total3Label},,
{ColItem: Item4Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item4Qty, ColItemPrice: Price4Label, ColItemTotal: Total4Label},},
{ColItem: Item5Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item5Qty, ColItemPrice: Price5Label, ColItemTotal: Total5Label},},
{ColItem: Item6Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item6Qty, ColItemPrice: Price6Label, ColItemTotal: Total6Label},},
{ColItem: Item7Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item7Qty, ColItemPrice: Price7Label, ColItemTotal: Total7Label},},
{{ColItem: Item8Label.Selected.Title, ColQty: Item8Qty, ColItemPrice: Price8Label, ColItemTotal: Total8Label},}

);

Any help is appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AW 

Filter Qty

ClearCollect(
    NewProductList,
    Filter(
        ProductList,
        IsBlank(ColQty) || Value(ColQty) = 0
    )
)

Thank you Stalin... I think technically this might produce the correct results (though when I submit 3 items, the gallery shows 5). However, the 2nd collection doesn't bring in values from the items created in the first collection. They are all blank.

StalinPonnusamy
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @AW 

The 2nd collection will not be updated automatically. You need to call this function again to reset the collection.

AW
Helper II
Helper II

That's where I seem to get stuck. Do I need to add the {ColItem... lines above into your code? I tried it, but it errors out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,711)