Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Re: Filter sharepoint list

Thanks alot!!!!!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Radu, I'm still really struggling with this syntax and your solution appears to be the only one out there!

I have a Sharepoint list called Valet which is designed to book vehicle valet appointments. From this I have created a powerapp also called Valet. My Items syntax currently reads:

SortByColumns(Filter(Valet, StartsWith(RegNo, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "RegNo", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

This searches for the RegNo just fine but my problem is that I only want to display items where Status = "Live". I have tried using your logic based on the Facility example but clearly I'm doing something wrong as all I end up with is lots of little yellow warning triangles. All of my display fields are text - no choice or drop-downs so in theory it should be very simple. Could you tell me what syntax I need? I have been tearing my hair out on this all afternoon!

Many thanks

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

SortByColumns(Filter(Valet, StartsWith(RegNo, TextSearchBox1.Text), Status = "Live"), "RegNo", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Does this work?

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hi Meneghino

Sorry to take so long to get back to you - I was away the second half of last week.

The good news is that it works! You're a star, many thanks

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Can sme one help me I am trying to do close to the same thing.  I have a Title Column and a Status Column both are single line of text field.

I want to filter on Status= COMPLETE and text box search on Tilte column...the Only thing I get to work is the below the list is over 5000 item This doesn't filter on Status at all.

SortByColumns(Filter(HelpDeskTicket, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text&& Status="complete")), "Status", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Thanks

Jennifer

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @jkeckard007, since both StartsWith and = are delegated then it shouldn't matter how many rows the list has.

I think you got a bracket in the wrong place, try this:

SortByColumns(Filter(HelpDeskTicket, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text), Status="complete")), "Status", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Please let me know.

Highlighted
Community Champion
Community Champion

PS the = operator may be case-sensitive for SP lists but I am not sure

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

This did not work see

It just says starting string the function returns true if the text starts with a string and then it does not return anything.

Thank you

Highlighted

Maybe somebody can help me. I try to filter my Sharepoint List - cause i want only to see Entrys with Status "Offen" (means Open - this comes from an Dropdownlist in Sharepoint.

The original Source is:

SortByColumns(Filter([@Ticketliste], StartsWith(Titel, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

When i try this, i get an error:

SortByColumns(Filter([@Ticketliste], StartsWith(Titel, TextSearchBox1.Text), Status = "Offen"), "Title", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

When i edit the Sharepoint list this field it shows me: ...../_layouts/15/FldEdit.aspx?List=%xxxxxxxxxxxx-D14A-4E7F-BF89-67E11C230DAF%7D&Field=jexo

How is the Syntax? Did i have to use as Name jexo or Status? How is the correct Syntax?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,400)