Did you mean: 
daleritf
Level: Powered On

Re: Filter sharepoint list

Thanks alot!!!!!

MarkLandon

Hi Radu, I'm still really struggling with this syntax and your solution appears to be the only one out there!

I have a Sharepoint list called Valet which is designed to book vehicle valet appointments. From this I have created a powerapp also called Valet. My Items syntax currently reads:

SortByColumns(Filter(Valet, StartsWith(RegNo, TextSearchBox1.Text)), "RegNo", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

This searches for the RegNo just fine but my problem is that I only want to display items where Status = "Live". I have tried using your logic based on the Facility example but clearly I'm doing something wrong as all I end up with is lots of little yellow warning triangles. All of my display fields are text - no choice or drop-downs so in theory it should be very simple. Could you tell me what syntax I need? I have been tearing my hair out on this all afternoon!

Many thanks

Meneghino
Level 10

SortByColumns(Filter(Valet, StartsWith(RegNo, TextSearchBox1.Text), Status = "Live"), "RegNo", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Does this work?

MarkLandon

Hi Meneghino

Sorry to take so long to get back to you - I was away the second half of last week.

The good news is that it works! You're a star, many thanks

jkeckard007

Can sme one help me I am trying to do close to the same thing.  I have a Title Column and a Status Column both are single line of text field.

I want to filter on Status= COMPLETE and text box search on Tilte column...the Only thing I get to work is the below the list is over 5000 item This doesn't filter on Status at all.

SortByColumns(Filter(HelpDeskTicket, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text&& Status="complete")), "Status", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Thanks

Jennifer

Meneghino
Level 10

Hi @jkeckard007, since both StartsWith and = are delegated then it shouldn't matter how many rows the list has.

I think you got a bracket in the wrong place, try this:

SortByColumns(Filter(HelpDeskTicket, StartsWith(Title, TextSearchBox1.Text), Status="complete")), "Status", If(SortDescending1, Descending, Ascending))

Please let me know.

Meneghino
Level 10

PS the = operator may be case-sensitive for SP lists but I am not sure

jkeckard007

This did not work see

It just says starting string the function returns true if the text starts with a string and then it does not return anything.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,991)