cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Filter(source,field=true) selects rows where field is false ?!

I am creating a SharePoint "application" using custom lists for a customer to manage all its contracts with its employees who work at health care facilities. There are 20 facilities and one head office.

I have the following "Jobs" SharePoint list (the column "Emploi du siège", technical name is scECTREmploiSiege, is true for jobs that are only for the head office of the company):

Image 1.png

So, there are 2 jobs for head office and 7 jobs for other health care facilities.

I have another SharePoint list for storing contracts in which the user needs to specify the facility ("Etablissement") and the job ("Emploi"):

Image 2.png

As you can see on this capture, next to the "Etablissement" label there is a "count=7" label...

This label's Text property is set as follow:

Concatenate("count=";Text(CountRows(VAR_Emplois)))

The OnSelect property of the Etablissement listbox I set the following formula (Emplois is the SharePoint list "Emplois" data source):

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege=true))

So, whenever I choose a value in the Etablissement listbox, it should show me a label "count=2" because there are only 2 rows in the Emplois list for which Emploi du siège is true, but it does exactly the opposite : it selects the rows where Emploi du siège is false...

How is that even possible ? Any explanation ? What have I done wrong ?

Thank for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filter(source,field=true) selects rows where field is false ?!

Hi @R3dKap,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Emploi du siège" column within your Emplois list? Is it a Yes/No type column?

It is a known issue when using the Yes/No type column of a SP list within a PowerApps app. The TRUE or FALSE value would not work with the Yes/No type column of the SP list within an app.

The user @Meneghino has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-to-Data/Possible-bug-filtering-SharePoint-list-by-yes...

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to replace the TRUE or FALSE value with 1 or 0. Please modify the OnSelect property of the Etablissement listbox to following formula:

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege=1)) /* <-- replace TRUE with 1 */
ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege=0)) /* <-- replace FALSE with 0 */

In addition, you could also consider take a try to replace the "=" operator with "<>" operator within your formula, please modify the OnSelect property of the Etablissement listbox to following formula:

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege<>false)) /* <-- filter items whose scECTREmploiSiege column value is TRUE */

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege<>true)) /* <-- filter items whose scECTREmploiSiege column value is FALSE */

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @R3dKap,

Could you please share a bit more about the "Emploi du siège" column within your Emplois list? Is it a Yes/No type column?

It is a known issue when using the Yes/No type column of a SP list within a PowerApps app. The TRUE or FALSE value would not work with the Yes/No type column of the SP list within an app.

The user @Meneghino has faced similar issue with you, please check the response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Connecting-to-Data/Possible-bug-filtering-SharePoint-list-by-yes...

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to replace the TRUE or FALSE value with 1 or 0. Please modify the OnSelect property of the Etablissement listbox to following formula:

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege=1)) /* <-- replace TRUE with 1 */
ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege=0)) /* <-- replace FALSE with 0 */

In addition, you could also consider take a try to replace the "=" operator with "<>" operator within your formula, please modify the OnSelect property of the Etablissement listbox to following formula:

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege<>false)) /* <-- filter items whose scECTREmploiSiege column value is TRUE */

ClearCollect(VAR_Emplois;Filter(Emplois;scECTREmploiSiege<>true)) /* <-- filter items whose scECTREmploiSiege column value is FALSE */

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @v-xida-msft,

Thank you for your reply and analysis...

Indeed my Emploi du siège column is a Yes/No column...

So I tested your first suggestion (using the "=1" instead of "=true") and it works fine (even though there is a "blue message" saying that the types are incompatible, that is, comparing a boolean with a number).

I chose your first alternative solution over the second, because using "<>false" would then show me a "blue message" about delegation which kind of scared me a little bit... 🙂

Anyway, thanks for your help... I'll keep this trick in mind.

Any idea when this bug will be fixed (which seems to be a relatively annoying one that could probably be easily fixed I guess) ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,405)