cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
MathijsM
Helper II
Helper II

Filter when current user is same as person in list

Hello guys, 

 

I'm struggling a bit and hope one of you can help me out. I have a gallery where I want to display for which courses someone subscribed. So when the current user of the canvas app is the same as someone in the sharepoint list of subscriptions, I want to show that in the gallery. The formula's I tried seem not to work unfortunately. The latest one is: 

 

Filter('DA - kl - subscriptions', ('Name Participant'.Email = VarCurrentUserClaim) 

 

Here, VarCurrentUserClaim is a global variable:

 

//Set current user claims value in a variable
Set(
VarCurrentUserClaim,
Concatenate(
Lower(User().Email)
)
);

 

Does anyone know what I'm missing? Would be very grateful for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MathijsM ,

 

I used the same formula and it worked successfully.

Screenshots:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1659432755538.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1659432776429.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1659432786238.png

 

Is there any error message in your canvas app?

Please try refreshing your data source to check if that can resolves the issue.

vxiaochenmsft_3-1659432887165.png

 

If the problem still exists, please share some screenshots.

 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Vickielala
Regular Visitor

You can try this
Filter('DA - kl - subscriptions', 'Name Participant'.Email = User().Email)

Thanks for your reply!! I already tried this one, and it does not work unfortunately. 

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MathijsM ,

 

I used the same formula and it worked successfully.

Screenshots:

vxiaochenmsft_0-1659432755538.png

vxiaochenmsft_1-1659432776429.png

vxiaochenmsft_2-1659432786238.png

 

Is there any error message in your canvas app?

Please try refreshing your data source to check if that can resolves the issue.

vxiaochenmsft_3-1659432887165.png

 

If the problem still exists, please share some screenshots.

 

Best Regards,

Wearsky

@v-xiaochen-msft thanks for your help and effort. 

I should have posted it, but I already solved it. The issue was that the email of the subscriber in the sharepoint list was slightly different from the user email. I had to use the substitute function. Now it works 🙂 

 

THanks again. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,185)