cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter with IF statement

Hi Guys,

As you below can see I have 2 different galleries. Gallery 1 must show the data of next month, and gallery 2 must show the month after next month in this case January 2020. 

The first gallery show the exact data. This the formula that I use. 

Spoiler
Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(Today()) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

You feel the question coming how do I have to do for Gallery 2. because when I use  2, Months)) in stead  of1 then I see January 2019 in stead of January 2020.

I can put 1 + year like I did for month but this is not the solution because it is not dynamic.

Period is date column in my SQL table.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrisog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand this correctly, the issue is the statement 'Year(Period) = Year(Today())', not the months. The reason is that the first half of your conditional and statement is searching for This Year, when it should be matching the year of the date 1 (or 2) months from today. Does this make sense?

Readjust your formula for Gallery1 to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

And the Gallery2 formula to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chrisog
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand this correctly, the issue is the statement 'Year(Period) = Year(Today())', not the months. The reason is that the first half of your conditional and statement is searching for This Year, when it should be matching the year of the date 1 (or 2) months from today. Does this make sense?

Readjust your formula for Gallery1 to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

And the Gallery2 formula to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)))

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @chrisog 

Perfect thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,525)