cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AraSaber12
Level 8

Filter with IF statement

Hi Guys,

As you below can see I have 2 different galleries. Gallery 1 must show the data of next month, and gallery 2 must show the month after next month in this case January 2020. 

The first gallery show the exact data. This the formula that I use. 

Spoiler
Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(Today()) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

You feel the question coming how do I have to do for Gallery 2. because when I use  2, Months)) in stead  of1 then I see January 2019 in stead of January 2020.

I can put 1 + year like I did for month but this is not the solution because it is not dynamic.

Period is date column in my SQL table.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chrisog
Level 8

Re: Filter with IF statement

Hi @AraSaber12,

If I understand this correctly, the issue is the statement 'Year(Period) = Year(Today())', not the months. The reason is that the first half of your conditional and statement is searching for This Year, when it should be matching the year of the date 1 (or 2) months from today. Does this make sense?

Readjust your formula for Gallery1 to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

And the Gallery2 formula to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)))

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
chrisog
Level 8

Hi @AraSaber12,

If I understand this correctly, the issue is the statement 'Year(Period) = Year(Today())', not the months. The reason is that the first half of your conditional and statement is searching for This Year, when it should be matching the year of the date 1 (or 2) months from today. Does this make sense?

Readjust your formula for Gallery1 to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 1, Months)))

And the Gallery2 formula to read:

Filter('[dbo].[Kopie van operationeel]', Year(Period) = Year(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)) && Month(Period) = Month(DateAdd(Today(), 2, Months)))

View solution in original post

AraSaber12
Level 8

Hi @chrisog 

Perfect thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,468)