cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
cfebvre
Level 8

Filtered Gallery Formula works in Preview, breaks after save an close

 

Hi All,

 

I have a Filtered Gallery that first uses a Sharepoint List as the Data Source, and then Switches to a Collection when users Select a Search Field I have set up.

This enables users to Filter a Sharepoint List (which is then collected in the collection), and then Search for specific text and return results from the collection (avoiding delegation problems).

The formula works perfectly, with no errors, in preview mode. The results returned are correct.

However, when I save/publish and close the app, then then reopen it, the formula is suddenly broken.

The main culprit seems to be my 'TextSearch' identifier. (I receive the "Name isn't valid. The identifier isn't recognized." message.

What I can't figure out, is that this identifier is recognized when I first enter the formula, and I can run the app in preview mode and it works, but then when I close, it's suddenly broken when I reopen it).

For reference, the entire formula is:

If(Len(SearchFrame.Text) = 0,
SortByColumns(Filter(Acta, 
PublicationDropDown.SelectedText.Value = "All Publications" 
Or PublicationDropDown.SelectedText.Value = Publication.Value,
YearDropDown.SelectedText.Value = "All Years" 
Or YearDropDown.SelectedText.Value = Year.Value,
WeekDropDown.SelectedText.Value = "All Weeks" 
Or WeekDropDown.SelectedText.Value = HiddenWeekNo,
SubEditDropDown.SelectedText.Value = "All Statuses" 
Or SubEditDropDown.SelectedText.Value = HiddenSubEditStatus,
PublishedStatusDropDown.SelectedText.Value = "All Statuses" 
Or PublishedStatusDropDown.SelectedText.Value = PublishedStatus.Value 
),"HiddenPageNo", Ascending, "HiddenStoryNo", Ascending),
Filter(SearchList, SearchFrame.Text in TextSearch))

 

Here is the preview of the app interface without search or filters applied, returning results from the data source 'Acta':

Annotation 2020-01-09 110234.jpgApp interface without any filters or search applied.

 

Here's a preview of the app correctly returning filtered results from the collection:

Annotation 2020-01-09 112446.jpgResults returned from the collection

 

Here is the formula with no errors, when I first enter it:

Annotation 2020-01-09 112323.jpgNo errors in formula

 

And finally, here is the formula error after I reopen the app:

Annotation 2020-01-09 112124.jpgFormula Error

 

Additionally, in previous iterations of the app, prior to setting up the collection, the filters on the data source worked perfectly. It's only since I introduced the collection that this has occurred.

 

Any help or advice anyone can provide would be great.

 

Kind Regards,

 

Chris.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
cfebvre
Level 8

Re: Filtered Gallery Formula works in Preview, breaks after save an close

I have worked out a solution.

 

I needed to create two separate galleries.

One Gallery has the Sharepoint List Data Source.

The other gallery has the Collection.

Selecting the search field turns the visibility of the SharePoint Gallery off, and turns on the Collection Gallery.

Then when you type text into the search field, it finds any entries in the collection containing that text.

I then have a 'Clear' button that resets the galleries back to the default SharePoint List gallery.

 

So now I can refine the whole Data Source from Sharepoint, and then use Powerapps collection to search for specific text using the in operator.

Take that, delegation warning! 😄

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
cfebvre
Level 8

Re: Filtered Gallery Formula works in Preview, breaks after save an close

I have worked out a solution.

 

I needed to create two separate galleries.

One Gallery has the Sharepoint List Data Source.

The other gallery has the Collection.

Selecting the search field turns the visibility of the SharePoint Gallery off, and turns on the Collection Gallery.

Then when you type text into the search field, it finds any entries in the collection containing that text.

I then have a 'Clear' button that resets the galleries back to the default SharePoint List gallery.

 

So now I can refine the whole Data Source from Sharepoint, and then use Powerapps collection to search for specific text using the in operator.

Take that, delegation warning! 😄

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,464)