cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Filtering 2 Galleries to Display Current Check In's

Hello,

I am pulling data from SharePoint, which is the results from Forms check ins/outs, and displaying the check ins/outs for the date (filtered to Today).

Instead of displaying separate lists, I'm struggling to make a 3rd gallery to display strictly only people who have not exited for the day. I would like to filter the "Enter" list by names (Title) to only display the names of those who have not completed the Exit form on that given date.

I'm really back to square 1 with figuring this out, I'm sorry if this isn't enough detail. I appreciate any guidance.

ENTER List:

Filter('(ORN) Employees In Office', TodayDate.Text in Date && ENTER.Text in 'Enter/Exit')

EXIT List:

Filter('(ORN) Employees In Office', TodayDate.Text in Date && EXIT.Text in 'Enter/Exit')

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Filtering 2 Galleries to Display Current Check In's

Hi @johnvancura ,

Assuming you have date/time fields for both entry and exit, try this

Filter(
   '(ORN) Employees In Office', 
   IsToday(EntryDateField) &&
   ExitDateField<Today()
)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply, both the Enter and Exit lists are from the same data source, the variable being either "ENTER" or "EXIT", so they share the same date field. Maybe I'm just going about this all wrong.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi,

Just my opinion, but I would certainly have two date/time fields (entry and exit). There is no disadvantage to this and it also allows you to keep a record of entry and exit times. As noted from my response, it also makes it much easier to track who is in and has not signed out for the day (or any day for that matter). I still have not fully understood what you Enter/Exit setup looks like, but using your syntax, probably something  like the below would work.

Filter(
   '(ORN) Employees In Office', 
    IsToday(YourDateField) && 
    ENTER in 'Enter/Exit'
)

Also if Date is the actual name of your field, change it (you will have to delete it and add a new one as SharePoint rememberers the original name) as Date is a Reserved Word.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @johnvancura ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @johnvancura ,

I am following up this post to see if it can be closed as you obtained the result you were looking for.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue as this will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,286)