Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AslamAsu
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering 3 dropdowns with 8 combination in column chart

Hai Team,

I am a beginner in powerapps , i have made a column chart which shows unplanned leaves in total hours per day from a sharepoint list of efforts hours of leave its working fine have 2 dropdowns currently (engineer name , user story) having a filter combination of 4 , but i need to modifiy it with 3 dropdowns of 8 filter combinations where the 3rd dropdown having months in it from the x axis dates of column chart , y axis of column chart having effort hoursin it. 

down below i am posting my formula that i have maded for 2 dropdowns , need help to convert it onto 3dropdown.

(If(
Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Stories" And DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = "All Engineer",
PowerApps_Efforts,
If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value <> "Stories" And DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = "All Engineer",
Filter(
PowerApps_Efforts,User_Story.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value
),
If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Stories" And DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value <> "All Engineer",
Filter(
PowerApps_Efforts,
Engineer.Value = DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value
),
If(Dropdown1.Selected.Value <> "Stories" And DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value <> "All Engineer",
Filter(
PowerApps_Efforts,
Engineer.Value = DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value And User_Story.Value = Dropdown1.Selected.Value
)
)
)
)
)

@Mira_Ghaly @janson @DeviKrishna 

hopefully,

ASU

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @AslamAsu 

Please try this

Filter(
PowerApps_Efforts,
IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected) || Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Stories" || Dropdown1.Selected.Value  = User_Story.Value,
IsBlank(DropdownEngineer.Selected) || DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = "All Engineer" || DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = Engineer.Value
)

Thanks, Stalin (Microsoft MVP)
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AslamAsu
Helper I
Helper I

janson
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hello Asu,

I did not fully understand your problem statement. Are you trying to add a new filter or trying to add month to the x axis?

If you are trying to adda new filter, you can either a) add four more conditions to the if statement (totalling 8 conditions) or better b) add the conditions within the Filter function itself (which we reduce the complexity a lot).

If you can attach the Canvas app (msapp) and provide the excel export of the sample data in sharepoint, I can try to help.

Regards,

Janson

StalinPonnusamy
Super User
Super User

Hi @AslamAsu 

Please try this

Filter(
PowerApps_Efforts,
IsBlank(Dropdown1.Selected) || Dropdown1.Selected.Value = "Stories" || Dropdown1.Selected.Value  = User_Story.Value,
IsBlank(DropdownEngineer.Selected) || DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = "All Engineer" || DropdownEngineer.Selected.Value = Engineer.Value
)

Thanks, Stalin (Microsoft MVP)
Blog - Learn To Illuminate Blog
YouTube - Learn To Illuminate Videos

Yes brother , another dropdown over months currently having a column chart of working 2 dropdowns,in my share point list date is on x-axis inthe format of mm/dd/yyyy 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,082)