cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering Cascading comboboxes

Hi All,

I have a Form with 3 comboboxes (LookUp fields).
The first combobox has a datasource of a company list.

The second combobox has the numbered values, example:
1. Marketing
2. Accounting
3. PR
The items of this combobox are filtered by the company selected.

The third combobox has a lookup to another list, the values are the following:
1.1 Variable marketing costs
1.2 Fixed marketing costs
1.3 Branding
2.1 Item
2.2 Item

The data source of the third combobox has also a Company value, therefore, I would like to filter items based on the company and additionally, if in the value of the first combobox "1. Marketing" is selected, I would like to filter only the following items:
1.1 Variable marketing costs
1.2 Fixed marketing costs
1.3 Branding

In the data source of the third list, I have created an additional column "Related", which has the number value of the main task (example, "1.1 Variable marketing costs" item has the value of 1 in the column "Related").
I was trying to get the number value from the second combobox with split function and then trying to filter the third combobox based on the splitted value and "Related" value but cannot make it work.

Any suggestions on how could I implement the filter function in the third combobox?

Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You can get the number from 2nd level combobox using split - First(Split("1.Marketing",".")).Result

Then you can filter your 3rd combobox using StartsWith function 

Filter(Choices(SPList.ColumnName), StartsWith(Value, First(Split("1.Marketing",".")).Result))

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
NandiniBhagya20
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You can get the number from 2nd level combobox using split - First(Split("1.Marketing",".")).Result

Then you can filter your 3rd combobox using StartsWith function 

Filter(Choices(SPList.ColumnName), StartsWith(Value, First(Split("1.Marketing",".")).Result))

Did you like my post? Please give it a thumbs up! Did I resolve your issue? Please click Accept as Solution to close the topic and so other members of the community can find solutions more easily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,615)