I have created a power app that links to my sharepoint list called Guest Resolution Log2.
There is a lookup column called 'EmployeeLoggingComplaint' in the sharepoint list that links to another list called Employee List and uses a column called 'Name' to pull a list of the employee names into my dropdown list.
Currently my dropdown works using: Choices([@'Guest Resolutin Log2'],EmployeeLogginComplaint) but I need to now filter.
This worked fine until I realized that I need to filter this list to only those employees that are actually active.
When I completed the lookup I had it add an additional colum to the Guest Resolution Log2 List called 'Status' from the Employee List. The status options are "Active" and "Inactive".
I have searched all the boards, all the powerapps videos and have spent hours and hours trying to solve my issue to no avail. Can anyone help me?
Instead of Querying the Lookup column, try this:
1) Add the Lookup list as a Datasource
2) Add a filter on the Employee list with Status="Active", select the Title column and set it as a datasource for your dropdown
3) Change the Update function of the Datacard to Save the Id of the Selected dropdown item.
Let me know if you need me to be more specific
I am so sorry, but yes. can you be a bit more specific. I have added the employee list as a data source, but I cannot seem to get the change on the datacard. Not exactly sure how to do this.
So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!
Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.
Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.