cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LonnieP

Filtering Choices from a sharepointlist that is a lookup colum from a separate sharepoint list

I have created a power app that links to my sharepoint list called Guest Resolution Log2.

There is a lookup column called 'EmployeeLoggingComplaint' in the sharepoint list that links to another list called Employee List and uses a column called 'Name' to pull a list of the employee names into my dropdown list. 

Currently my dropdown works using: Choices([@'Guest Resolutin Log2'],EmployeeLogginComplaint) but I need to now filter.

This worked fine until I realized that I need to filter this list to only those employees that are actually active. 

When I completed the lookup I had it add an additional colum to the Guest Resolution Log2 List called 'Status' from the Employee List. The status options are "Active" and "Inactive". 

I have searched all the boards, all the powerapps videos and have spent hours and hours trying to solve my issue to no avail. Can anyone help me?

4 REPLIES 4
SudeepGhatakNZ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Instead of Querying the Lookup column, try this:

1) Add the Lookup list as a Datasource

2) Add a filter on the Employee list with Status="Active", select the Title column and set it as a datasource for your dropdown

3) Change the Update function of the Datacard to Save the Id of the Selected dropdown item.

Let me know if you need me to be more specific

I am so sorry, but yes. can you be a bit more specific. I have added the employee list as a data source, but I cannot seem to get the change on the datacard. Not exactly sure how to do this. 

SudeepGhatakNZ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

No prob. I will build a short sample and post the screenshots tonight. 

SudeepGhatakNZ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I have uploaded an app as an example.

You will need to update the datasources to use your lists.

Here are screen shots

gOruBFGlmF.pngh4WAnUBwMl.pngGvMzLSN8oo.pnghAjOFwRadS.png1ix6baX32o.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,029)