cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kieranrb
Frequent Visitor

Filtering Gallery by Text

Hi,

I have a gallery in my app and I'm trying to make it filterable so it's easier to look through. I have inserted a text control and set the onchange action to: Filter('Work Request Demo',StartsWith(Title2.Text,TextInput1.Text))

I don't have any errors, but my gallery doesn't change when I type anything in to the box. Is there something I'm missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kieranrb ,

Is Title2 a text column? If so, please use below formula instead in the Items property of gallery control:

Filter('Work Request Demo',StartsWith(Title2,TextInput1.Text))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RezaDorrani
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @Kieranrb 

Filter('Work Request Demo',StartsWith(Title2.Text,TextInput1.Text))

This needs to be added to the items property of the gallery

not the onchange of the text control

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, however this didn't work, I get an error saying this creates a circular reference between properties. Is there something I've missed?

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Kieranrb ,

Is Title2 a text column? If so, please use below formula instead in the Items property of gallery control:

Filter('Work Request Demo',StartsWith(Title2,TextInput1.Text))

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,790)