cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandraAkujobi
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Filtering Gallery to show daily/weekly entries

I am trying to create a view page that allows users to view their daily entries as well as weekly entries. Is that possible with just one view screen or would I have to create multiple screens for different views, will it all have to do with filtering the gallery? I'm asking this cause the layout of the page would be different as the daily screen will just show entries from that day and the weekly page would have entries for the week in a format of a traditional timesheet screen and within the weekly screen they will be able to submit their timesheet once completed.

Below is the layout I am trying to go for.

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

1 REPLY 1
Mark-Shenouda
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @SandraAkujobi 

Normally, There is no correct and wrong way to do things , it all depends on your business and logic

But ultimate advice is to keep it simple for better maintenance afterwards

You were mentioning that the weekly and monthly views will be different , if the difference will be in different fields and display modes, if they are in the same view you will have your business logic and also some UI logic to hide and show fields and display different controls which will increase the complexity with your implementation , so to simplify your app , you can do a screen for each view and you navigate between them using the same data source.

Best Regards

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,195)