cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Filtering Gallery to show daily/weekly entries

I am trying to create a view page that allows users to view their daily entries as well as weekly entries. Is that possible with just one view screen or would I have to create multiple screens for different views, will it all have to do with filtering the gallery? I'm asking this cause the layout of the page would be different as the daily screen will just show entries from that day and the weekly page would have entries for the week in a format of a traditional timesheet screen and within the weekly screen they will be able to submit their timesheet once completed.

Below is the layout I am trying to go for.

Screenshot (6).pngScreenshot (7).png

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: Filtering Gallery to show daily/weekly entries

Hi @SandraAkujobi 

Normally, There is no correct and wrong way to do things , it all depends on your business and logic

But ultimate advice is to keep it simple for better maintenance afterwards

You were mentioning that the weekly and monthly views will be different , if the difference will be in different fields and display modes, if they are in the same view you will have your business logic and also some UI logic to hide and show fields and display different controls which will increase the complexity with your implementation , so to simplify your app , you can do a screen for each view and you navigate between them using the same data source.

Best Regards

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,958)