cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Filtering SharePoint list

I want to know how to filter a list to just show ongoing contracts. So I'm using two list in my app. The main one is the timesheet_list and the second one is the companycontract list. In the timesheet list there is a column called contract and originally on sharepoint this is a lookup column taking contract numbers from the other sharepoint list (CompanyContracts) from the column called column1. Now I created another column in that companycontract list called Active, where I wanted it to display contract numbers that are still ongoing.  the 3 main columns in companycontract are column1 (contract numbers), Completed ( 0 meaning it's ongoing, 1 meaning it's completed) and then active (displays ongoing contract [COMPLETED = 0]). Now on the power apps that contract column displays an error cause of the threshold issue of 5000 items and I'm not sure what to do. On power apps is there a way to filter the companyconytracts list to just show ongoing contracts. The contract field in power apps is a combo box.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@SandraAkujobi ,

You will not solve this with a calculated column, which have other issues when used with Power Apps.

You need to turn this into a populated column, or use AddColumns in PowerApps with the same calculation.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @SandraAkujobi ,

You need to index the field in SharePoint and that should solve the issue as numeric field queries are Delegable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

@WarrenBelz So I've tried t do that, but the column I want to index which is the Active column, does not appear as an choice in the dropdown. I'm thinking maybe it's because it's a calculated column and calculated columns can't be indexed. I've already indexed the contract column as well another column called completed (two choices - 0 = ongoing, 1 = completed) this column is how you get to know which contract numbers are ongoing. Then on the main timesheet list I created a lookup column to the contract numbers but I was still hit with the threshold issue and that same issue is still causing an error on power apps as well. 

@SandraAkujobi ,

You will not solve this with a calculated column, which have other issues when used with Power Apps.

You need to turn this into a populated column, or use AddColumns in PowerApps with the same calculation.

View solution in original post

@WarrenBelz I'm not quite sure what you mean, I'm quite new to this so I don't know where to start from.

Hi @SandraAkujobi ,

You need to make the same calculation inside Power Apps and either populate a new column in SharePoint, or (as I mentioned), add the calculated column using AddColumns in the same manner.

If you are new to Power Apps, I would suggest the first option and put your calculation as the Default of this field.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,695)