Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Filtering Sharepoint Online column do not work correctly

Hi guys,

Background

One of column in my Sharpoint Online list is Country, this column is fulfilled with values like: "Italy", "Italy;Spain", "China;Italy;Poland", etc. In PowerApps I use following formula to show items in gallery:
Filter(SharepointList, ComboBox.Selected.Value in Country)
ComboBox has values: Italy, Spain, Poland, etc.

Issue

It works fine if at least one item on my Sharepoint List is simple "Italy", then when I choose "Italy" from ComboBox it shows all Sharepoint items which contain this word but if Sharepoint list have got only items "Italy;Spain" or "China;Italy;Poland" and I choose from ComboBox "Italy", it doesn't find any result.

Am I doing something wrong or this is bug?

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@DawidDNVGL 

What type of Column is 'Country' in SharePoint: Choices or Single-Line Text?

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

The column is a Single line of text.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

To resolve this issue, reduce the number of items in the view for the affected list or library to 5,000 items or less. To do this, take one of the following actions, as appropriate for your situation:

Create a new view for the list or library or change the existing view. When you do this, use indexed columns and filtering to keep the view size for the list to 5,000 items or less. For more information about how to create a filtered view that has a column index, go to Manage large lists and libraries in SharePoint migration.

Note: The list limit to add or remove an indexed column is 20,000 items.

Create folders in the library, and put items in the folders to keep the view for the library to 5,000 items or less.

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

It’s a known issue in SharePoint.

To work around the problem, you can edit the list view web part in the page > Miscellaneous > check the “Server Render” option.

I hope you find this helpful.

Admin

Apps4rent

Highlighted

I will try and let you know.

Highlighted

@DawidDNVGL 
I must have missed something in this conversation?  How many items does your list have?

Highlighted

My list contain about 650 items. I will try second advise from @Max44 

Highlighted

@DawidDNVGL 

I would make a different suggestion.  Change the properties of your ComboBox to these.

DefaultSelectedItems

RenameColumns(Split(ThisItem.Country,";"),"Result","Value")

Items

["France", "Italy", "Spain"]

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted

@Max44 

I cannot find "Server Render" option, neither Miscellaneous tab/menu. I use Modern View sharepoint. Can advise how to navigate to this option?

@mdevaney 
I tried your suggestion but it says it is not valid, looks like problem is "This.Item.Country" in Split function. Error - "The function Split has some invalid arguments".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,709)