cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
satya Helper II
Helper II

Filtering Sharpoint List Data using ODATA with persons field in Flows

i have a Sharepoint list with DelegationFrom(Person field), in flow instead of retrieving all the items i need to retrive the one item.  i added GetItems condition, in filter Query, i have given DelegationFrom eq Person name of another get items. could you please help me how query persons field

i am getting error message as below

"status"400,
  "message""The expression \"DelegationFrom eq venkat patamsetti\" is not valid.\r\nclientRequestId: 9c48198a-848e-4886-8d99-9afde4fab2fb\r\nserviceRequestId: 9242959e-f064-0000-128e-33497451b6e9"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filtering Sharpoint List Data using ODATA with persons field in Flows

Hi @satya,

I am afraid the Filter Query is not supported for Person Field usage.

To work with Person field in SharePoint List through the REST Call, we need to take use of the $Expand function within OData, while currently only the following is supported:

$filter

$orderby

$top

See reference:

SharePoint connection

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @satya,

I am afraid the Filter Query is not supported for Person Field usage.

To work with Person field in SharePoint List through the REST Call, we need to take use of the $Expand function within OData, while currently only the following is supported:

$filter

$orderby

$top

See reference:

SharePoint connection

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Rodolfo1840 Advocate III
Advocate III

Is still not possible ?
hubertlam Advocate II
Advocate II

It's possible, but a bit fiddly.

Our context: getting a name match from the Internal Phone List which is hosted on SharePoint from a form. It's to determine someone's teaching faculty by looking up the Internal Phone List from their form submission.

1. Get the items
    image.png
  2. Use the Filter action so that the Email address from the list, matches the one on the form
    image.png
  3. Use the Select action to fish out the KLA, for this I had to use the expression item()?['Main_x0020_faculty']?['Value'] manually to get the different Main Faculty that the person is assigned to.
    image.png
  4. Did one single run on the flow to get some sample JSON data so that it can be parsed and the KLA map can be shoved into a variable:
    image.png
  5. Finally, write the KLA to the PersonKLA variable:
    image.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,130)