Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
voglejm
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering a Browse Gallery with IsBlank and Text Filter

Hello Everyone,

My organization has asked me to create a basic app that will allow employees to volunteer to help with activities throughout the company during the COVID situation.

4-14-2020 8-26-16 AM.png

I have a list of all available assignments and I would like the browse gallery to only show items with no support resource assigned. I've been able to successfully accomplish this utilizing the following statement. 

SortByColumns(Filter(Support_Needs_List,IsBlank(Support_Resource)),"StartDate",Descending)

As you can see from the image above I would also like to include a FilterTextBox to allow users to filter this list down by Facility; however, I'm not having much success with this. Below is the statement I've tried, when I insert this code on ITEM the gallery doesn't show anything. Any help or insight would be appreciated.

If('FilterTextBox'.Text="",Filter('Support_Needs_List',IsBlank(Support_Resource),Filter(Filter('Support_Needs_List',IsBlank(Support_Resource),'FilterTextBox'.Text in 'Facility'))))

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@voglejm 

From what I can tell the user is supposed to type a facility name into the text box to filter the gallery.

Here is the code I came up with:

SortByColumns(
    Filter(
        Support_Needs_List,
        IsBlank(Support_Resource),
        IsBlank(FilterTextBox.Text) Or FilterTextBox.Text in Facility
    ),
    "StartDate",
    Descending
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

@mdevaney  - Unfortunately I get the same results as I was experiencing before. The browse gallery shows nothing. I should be seeing two records in the browse gallery. The statement utilized is below.

SortByColumns(Filter(Support_Needs_List, IsBlank(Support_Resource), IsBlank(FilterTextBox.Text) Or FilterTextBox.Text in Facility), "StartDate", Descending)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@voglejm 

From what I can tell the user is supposed to type a facility name into the text box to filter the gallery.

Here is the code I came up with:

SortByColumns(
    Filter(
        Support_Needs_List,
        IsBlank(Support_Resource),
        IsBlank(FilterTextBox.Text) Or FilterTextBox.Text in Facility
    ),
    "StartDate",
    Descending
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

@mdevaney  - Unfortunately I get the same results as I was experiencing before. The browse gallery shows nothing. I should be seeing two records in the browse gallery. The statement utilized is below.

SortByColumns(Filter(Support_Needs_List, IsBlank(Support_Resource), IsBlank(FilterTextBox.Text) Or FilterTextBox.Text in Facility), "StartDate", Descending)

@voglejm 
Two questions:

#1  What type of column is Facility in SharePoint?
#2  Does the facility criteria work on its own?

SortByColumns(Filter(Support_Needs_List, FilterTextBox.Text in Facility), "StartDate", Descending)

---

@mdevaney You were right. I wasn't using the correct column. The facility column is a choice field, so I created a calculated text field to allow this functionality. Thanks for all the help and the quick response. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,148)