cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Filtering a Combobox From a Sharepoint Document Library to List File Names

I have an existing Power App that is working as expected. I have a dropdown menu populated from a SP document library and filtered to only show the filename (column). I want to replace it with a combo box to allow multiple files to be selected.

The Items property on the dropdown menu is set to:

Sort(Filter(Documents, 'Folder path' = "Shared Documents/Proposal Response/Gold Team/" && !IsFolder), Name, Ascending)

Unfortunately, while this code works on the dropdown menu it won't work on the combo box. It just displays a blank menu as if it was populated with the same amount of files but it is completely blank.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filtering a Combobox From a Sharepoint Document Library to List File Names

Hi @bolin-stratus ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my canvas app as below:

1.JPG

ComboBox Items property:

Filter(Documents, 'Folder path' = "Shared Documents/Email attachments/", !IsFolder)

On your side, please make sure you have specified proper column name as Primary text and SearchField in your ComboBox, please refer to above screenshot. e.g. specify {FilenameWithExtension} column in Primary text and SearchField of your ComboBox.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Because it is the easiest way: watch this really nice video to see the difference:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g-MWebiHYoc

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @bolin-stratus ,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

The screenshot of my canvas app as below:

1.JPG

ComboBox Items property:

Filter(Documents, 'Folder path' = "Shared Documents/Email attachments/", !IsFolder)

On your side, please make sure you have specified proper column name as Primary text and SearchField in your ComboBox, please refer to above screenshot. e.g. specify {FilenameWithExtension} column in Primary text and SearchField of your ComboBox.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Designating the primary text and the search text was something I was not aware of since I am fairly new to comboboxes but that was the solution! Thank you so much. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,447)