cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filtering a Gallery with multiple options selected uisng a ComboBox

Hi Community, 

I was wondering whether there is any existing guidance for filtering a gallery with multiple options selected using one Combobox? 

I currently have a simple gallery set up, where I can filter my data source (SharePoint list) by selecting a 'Proposal Status' via a drop-down. I also have another dropdown & search box built-in for additional filtering.

I'd like to be able to filter by multiple Proposal Status' at any one time. 

This is the current code that works fine using the dropdown to filter: 

Search(
If(SDMDD2.Selected.Result ="All" And PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value = "All", 'Release Dashboard',
SDMDD2.Selected.Result ="All" And PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value <> "All",
Sort(Filter('Release Dashboard', 'Proposal Status'.Value = PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value), 'Impacting Due Date', Ascending),
SDMDD2.Selected.Result <> "All" And PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value = "All",
Sort(Filter('Release Dashboard','Receiving SDM' = SDMDD2.Selected.Result), 'Impacting Due Date', Ascending),
SDMDD2.Selected.Result <>"All" And PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value <> "All",
Sort(Filter('Release Dashboard','Receiving SDM' = SDMDD2.Selected.Result And 'Proposal Status'.Value = PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value), 'Impacting Due Date', Ascending)),
TextInput1.Text, "PR_x0020_Number", "CR_x0020_Number_x0020__x002f__x0", "Project_x0020__x002f__x0020_CR_x")

PROPSTATDD.Selected.Value represents the dropdown I'd like to convert to a ComboBox. 

I have attempted this using '*ComboBoxName*.SelectedItems.Value' in place of 'PROPSTATDD' but have had no luck so far. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you! 

Joe 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User III
Super User III

Try

Status.Value in 

ComboBoxName.SelectedItems

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User III
Super User III

Try

Status.Value in 

ComboBoxName.SelectedItems

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

View solution in original post

Thanks for the quick response. 

I have tried the recommended (attached) & my gallery is not returning any values

Any ideas? 

Joe 

Combobox.PNG

@jslsmithyx ,

You have several delegation warnings in that code - how many items are in your data file?

@WarrenBelz , @eka24 , 

Apologies for taking so long to respond - I have just returned off leave. 

Happy to confirm I've managed to get the filtering with multiple selections using multiple ComboBoxes resolved! 

I was using the wrong combination of 'Selected.Value', 'in' & 'SelectedItems', so thanks for pointing me in that direction. 

For anyone else viewing this post struggling with the same problem, I found this PowerApps forum page really helpful. 

@WarrenBelz - I do have lots of delegation warnings. I'm not sure why as my data source (SharePoint list) only has 100 or so entries. As it's not currently causing me any issues, I'm going to pretend they don't exist 😄 

Cheers again, 

Joe 

Hi @jslsmithyx ,

You might have a read of my blog on using the With() statement to avoid these - it may be useful to you.

@WarrenBelz - Very useful information. Thank you. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,004)