Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Filtering a SQL View

Hi,

I am facing an issue filtering an SQL view from Powerapps. When I try to filter the SQL view and create a collection, only the values of columns used to filter the SQL view are populated, if I am not using a column to filter the data, it gives blank value to that column.

For example, SQL_View[column_Name,column_Age,column_EmailAddress] is the view I need to filter and I use ClearCollect(col_colData,Filter(SQL_View,Column_Name="David")), it returns a collection where column_Name is David but all the other columns(column_Age,Column_EmailAddress) are blank.

Instead if I use ClearCollect(col_colData,Filter(SQL_View,Column_Name="David",column_Age="25",column_EmailAddress="abc@xyz.com")), I get a collection with values in all the cloumns.

I do not face this issue when I use a SharePoint list as a data source. Is there any different way to filter SQL data? Also, this happens only if I open the App in a browser using URL. Everything works fine in Preview mode.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,

Dileep

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Filtering a SQL View

I figured out what was causing this issue after spending a lot of time.

We can avoid this by Disabling the "Explicit column selection" under App Settings>Advanced Settings>Preview Features.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Re: Filtering a SQL View

I figured out what was causing this issue after spending a lot of time.

We can avoid this by Disabling the "Explicit column selection" under App Settings>Advanced Settings>Preview Features.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,207)