cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering a data table by column, and not rows?

Hi there,

I currently have a table in SQL Server that is filtered based on a column named "email". The table is populated by employee records. Attached is an image of my current table and how it filters to only my email. 

If I were to transpose this table in SQL Server, so that each employee's email represents a column and all leave balance types represents a row, is it still possible to filter the table based on the user? As it is, I feel like the table is too long horizontally and want to get rid of the sideways scrolling. By having it vertically shown, users can save space and time.

My current Items formula for the data table is:

Filter('[dbo].[CV_V_CURR_EMP_BALANCES1]', e_mail=_myProfile.UserPrincipalName)

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

In case some may need clarification, I'll add additional info. In my original table, I can filter out records (a row) based on the email column. If I were to transpose (?) this table, and make each email (row) into an individual column and have each column (leave type) into a row, would I still be able to filter the table out that way?

My current formula is: Filter('[dbo].[CV_V_CURR_EMP_BALANCES1]', e_mail=_myProfile.UserPrincipalName)

I'll be attaching an Excel spreadsheet to illustrate.

Anonymous
Not applicable

bump. would anyone have any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,858)