cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckserra
Helper III
Helper III

Filtering a dropdown with a toggle

Hi everyone.  I am really struggling filtering a dropdown with a toggle.  This is the code I am using on a gallery and its working correctly.  

'If(varUser.Mail = "zzz@zzz.com",SortByColumns(Filter(Game_view_powerappss,StoreID= 165),If(Toggle4_1.Value,"cr3db_seqorder","cr3db_gamenameandmodifier"),Ascending)'

I am missing a step in using that code in a dropdown.  Any help would be amazing, thank you!

Chris

4 REPLIES 4
PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Hi @ckserra , 

I am not sure I understand your question. Are you saying you want to use the same formula in the Items property of a toggle? Or something else?

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Microsoft Certified Trainer MCT

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

@PowerAddict Hi and thank you for your quick reply. When I use that code in a drop down, I am showing no data in The drop down, but no errors. I would like it to show the column gamenameandmodifier, but sort it alphabetically when the toggle is in one position and seqorder when the toggle is in the other position. It’s working correctly on the gallery but I cannot get the drop-down to show any information. 

PowerAddict
Super User
Super User

Do you actually see records in the dropdown but with no labels or does the dropdown not have any records when you try to expand it?

Hi @PowerAddict .  I deleted my dropdown and inserted a new one using the same code, and I am now seeing items in the list.  The list is now working alphabetically, but when I try sequentially, it appears to be random.  The seqorder column is a whole number column, and like I said before, works in the gallery.

Thanks again!

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,272)