Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tono_Analyst2
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering a gallery based on another gallery whilst avoiding delegation

Hi,

I have two related SharePoint Lists by an ID. List 1 contains the information I want to display in the gallery. List 2 contains a field that I want to filter on.

I have created two galleries one for List 1 (Gallery 1) and one for List 2 (Gallery2). Gallery 2 is being filtered by the selection of a combo box.

Filter(
    Gallery2,
    IsBlank(CB_Filter.SelectedItems)||IsEmpty(CB_Filter.SelectedItems) || Filter_GUID = 
    Value(CB_Filter.Selected.ID)
)

Gallery 1 is looking at the IDs contained in Gallery 2 that are common using the following code:

Filter(
    'Gallery1',
    GUID in Gallery2.AllItems.Gallery1_GUID
)

However, the in operator causes delegation issues. Is there a work around for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for your response, however, I would not consider that a robust solution for larger datasets.

I have since solved this following Reza Dorrani's video - Group By in Power Apps Gallery with Large SharePoint Lists - YouTube

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tono_Analyst2 ,

Could you please provide more details such as your table data structure and App configuration? That will make it much easier to assist.

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Hi @v-yujincui-msft , 

I have two galleries that are driven by two separate SharePoint lists. 

Gallery1 'items' = Filter(List1, Gallery2_GUID in Gallery2.AllItems.GUID)

Gallery2 'items' = Filter(Jobs, WP_GUID = 'WP_GUID Filter'.Selected.Value)

Tono_Analyst2_0-1645423021551.png

Essentially, Gallery1 is related to Gallery2 via the field Gallery2_GUID. I want to filter the column Gallery2_GUID in Gallery1 to contain all GUIDs that are in Gallery2.

In the in image, I have the delegation limits set to 3. Hence. only the first 3 records of List1 is displaying.

I understand that the in operator is not delegable within a filter. What can I do to overcome delegation following the above workflow

v-yujincui-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Tono_Analyst2 ,

One simple thing you can do is go to the advanced settings and increase your delegation limit to 2,000 rows.

vyujincuimsft_1-1645499949921.png

Best Regards,

Charlie Choi

Thank you for your response, however, I would not consider that a robust solution for larger datasets.

I have since solved this following Reza Dorrani's video - Group By in Power Apps Gallery with Large SharePoint Lists - YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,017)