cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ahohman
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filtering a gallery by status

I have a simple list of Facilities Requests.  I need to be able to filter the gallery by Status (New Request, In Process, Complete, Cancelled).  When I add a dropdown and tie it to my SharePoint list called Facilities Requests, the value of Status does not show up as a selection possibility.  Now I don't know what to do. 

Also, could you please tell me how to have the gallery auto-sorted with the newest submission at the top of the list?  Right now, it is sorting alphabetically.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @ahohman ,

See the below screenshot which will help you to understand the filter is returning any data or not. if the filter is not returning any data I urge you to check the list and change the filter accordingly.

Filter query.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
eka24
Super User
Super User

On the Dropdown items put;

Choices ('Facilities Request'.Status)

Then filter as 

Filter ( Datasource, 'Facilities Request'=DropdownName.Selected.Value)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

KrishnaV
Super User
Super User

Hi @ahohman,

Please use this formula to get the data in sorted order, 
set this onvisibility of the screen and then assign this collection to the gallery

Sort(Filter(SampleList,Status.Value=Dropdown4.Selected.Value),Created,Descending)

For dropdown assign the values as :

Choices(SampleList.Status)

See the below working model of the same:
filter gallery.gif

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi KrishnaV,

I got the choices to display in the dropdown, but I still can't figure out the filtering piece.  I've entered it how you have it on the property VISIBLE (I hope that's right) but I've got nothing. I've added another screenshot in the hopes that you can tell me where I'm going wrong.  Thanks.  

Angela

Hi @ahohman ,

See the below screenshot which will help you to understand the filter is returning any data or not. if the filter is not returning any data I urge you to check the list and change the filter accordingly.

Filter query.png

Regards,
Krishna

Regards,
KrishnaV

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,657)