Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbwilletts
Level: Powered On

Filtering a single gallery using buttons and a quick search

Hey everyone,

Im in need of some help, if its possible. Here's the situation:

I have a gallery that shows approximately 300 items found in an "Element ID" column in a sharepoint list "summary", with three radio buttons "EntryBTN" that show ("All" "New" or "Existing") Element ID's and a text input "textinput2_2" that would be used for a quick search bar. I cant seem to get the quick search to filter the gallery. All in all I would like for the buttons and quick search to work together or independently of each other. After the right item is found in the gallery and selected it should navigate to the next screen carrying over the selected title in a view only text box.

The current Items field:

Filter(Summary,StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),TextInput2_2.Text)) && ((If(EntryBTN.Selected.Value="All",Sort(Summary,'Element ID',Descending),If(EntryBTN.Selected.Value="New",Sort(Filter(Summary,Status1="No"),Title,Descending),Filter(Summary,Status1="Yes")))))

entry screen.PNG

Any help is much appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Filtering a single gallery using buttons and a quick search

I took another approach to create my expression. to me it's simpler and it works as expected

rdoStatus is my radio button

Switch(
rdoStatus.Selected.Value,
"All", Sort(Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text)), 'Element ID', Descending),
"New", Sort(Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text), Status = "No"), Title, Descending),
"Existing", Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text), Status = "Yes")
)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Edwin-Abdalian
Level 10

Re: Filtering a single gallery using buttons and a quick search

I took another approach to create my expression. to me it's simpler and it works as expected

rdoStatus is my radio button

Switch(
rdoStatus.Selected.Value,
"All", Sort(Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text)), 'Element ID', Descending),
"New", Sort(Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text), Status = "No"), Title, Descending),
"Existing", Filter(Summary, StartsWith(Mid('Element ID',3,6),txtSummarySearch.Text), Status = "Yes")
)

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Accept as Solution if this post answered your question so other members can find it. If you found this post helpful consider giving my post a Thumbs Up!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,728)