Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering & Copying parent/child information within a collection

Hello

I have a collection which is basically a copy of a 4 selected columns of a SP list. The collection contains a column with steps and another column with a table with the predecessors of that step. Now what I would like to do is populate the successor field based on the information already here. 

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 18.04.45.png

Screenshot 2020-10-23 at 18.04.30.png

F.ex. Under successor on row 1 it should say Step 2, Step 3, Step 4 as these as these are the direct successors of step 1. 

I have been trying something like this, but i have not even been close. And I am not sure this is the best way to do it either. 

ForAll(MyCollection;
If(MyCollection.Predecessor exactin MyCollection.Title; Collect(MyCollection;{Successor:Title})));;

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToFj ,

Do you want to create a new column named successor with all the  predecessors values?

If so, try this formula:

AddColumns(MyCollection,"Successor",Concat(Predecessor,Value&","))

Then  successor field will with all the predecessors values.

If you want to create a table only with nested values in predecessors field, try this formula:

Clear(Successorcollection);
ForAll(MyCollection,Collect(Successorcollection,{Title:Predecessor.Value}))

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thank you for the reply @v-yutliu-msft 

Sorry for the poor explanation, i found it a bit hard putting it into words. 

What I would like to do is to create a new collection or column in the same collection (Doesn't matter) with the successors of each step in correct relation to the steps. It would have to populate this Successor column based on the information in the steps column (single line of text) and the predecessor column (multiple value lookup column). 

F.ex. It should check the row "step 2", see that step 1 is a predecessor, then collect "step 2" and put that into the successor column for "step 1". This column would then also need to multiple values. 

Highlighted

Hi @ToFj ,

Do you want to add a column with next steps based on Title field?

If so, you could try this formula:

AddColumns(
          GroupBy(
                 AddColumns(
                            MyCollection,"Predecessorvalue",Predecessor.Value
                            ),
                 "Title","Successortable"
                  ),
          "Successor",
          Concat(Successortable,Predecessorvalue&" ")
           )

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hello @v-yutliu-msft, sorry for the delayed reply. 

No, I don't think that is exactly what I am looking for. 

What I would like to do is to take the step column and enter that into a new column called successors based on the information in the predecessor column. 

Ex.
Read row 1: Step 1, Predecessors "empty"  --> nothing

Read row 2: Step 2, Predecessors " Step 1" --> add step 2 to the successor column for row 1. 

Read row 5: Step 5, Predecessors  " Step  2, Step 3, Step 4" add step 5 to the successor column for row 2, row 3 and row 4. 

And if it is easier to create a new collection with the successor steps that doesn't matter. As long as the connection to the step column is correct. These to I can probably patch together when i fill it back into Sharepoint. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,389)