cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WeAllStardust
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering and looking up values based on Text Boxes, Radio Buttons and Check boxes.

Hello community,

I have an excel data sheet with 1501 rows and about 26 columns. The first column is a numbered list from 1 through 1500. I want the user to enter a number in a text input box and I want a gallery to show only those columns from that row of the number that the user entered. I used this formula

Filter(MasterTable, txtNameFilter.Text in 'BattCont' || txtNameFilter.Text in 'RightBattCont')

but it filters the records from the gallery based on the description. The problem is that there are numbers in the description of the columns( e.g. Controller100) and the search returns those back instead of the exact text. I need to do a lookup but the formula is not working. 

Filter(MasterTable, LookUp(MasterTable, 'RightBattCont' = txtNameFilter.Text))

Eventually I want to add radio buttons and checkboxes but I think I can figure it out once I get Lookup and Filter working. Any help is appreciated. 

8 REPLIES 8
Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@WeAllStardust 

What is the column name for the first column?

TValue is the name of the first column

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@WeAllStardust 

To prevent users from entering anything but a number in the textinput box, set its Format property to Number.

Filter(
        MasterTable, TValue=Value(txtNameFilter.Text
                             )
)

Sure, but how do I pull the record up from the 2nd column based on the number of the 1st column (that the user entered). The name of the 2nd column is RightBattCont. 

WeAllStardust
Helper I
Helper I

But the gallery only shows the 2nd column of the sheet. How do I show all the columns for that row?

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@WeAllStardust 

Instead of a gallery, use a data table control.  Set the Items property the same as the gallery.  It will show all the columns.

That worked but I would have preferred it in a gallery interface. 

Drrickryp
Super User
Super User

@WeAllStardust 

It takes a bit more effort but you will need to add a label for each column and call it ThisItem.columnname

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,535)