cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaneOZ
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Filtering by current user delegation (this list will be larger than 500..)

Hi, 

So im creating a list with more than 500 entries, it will have between 60000and 100000 when fully operational. However am i correct in saying it will show the oldest 500 entries in the list not the most up to date entries? will this delegation error cause me issues with a large list?

If so whats the alternative?

SortByColumns(Filter('LISTNAME', Author.DisplayName = User().FullName), "Created", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending))

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
2 REPLIES 2
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@shaneOZ 

You can always test your delegation issues without having a big list already - just set the record limit in your advanced settings to a low number, like 10 for example.  This will allow you to fully test your formulas.

As for your formula - you will not be able to delegate the Author.DisplayName filter.  That is where your issue will come in.  You might want to consider a change of order for the formula:

Filter(
   SortByColumns('LISTNAME', "Created", Descending),
   Author.DisplayName = User().FullName)
)

This will return, on the inner sort, the last x number of created records (note, this is "created", not modified.  If you want modified, change the formula as such) in the datasource.  Then will filter the Author column as you specify.

In theory the above would work - I've not tested it that way, so your mileage may vary.

And...if the above is no joy for you, then you will need to consider adding a column for the DisplayName of the Author that will be simple text (through flow or workflow).  Then the above will work properly. 

I hope this is clear and helpful for you.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,301)