Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClarkyPA365
Resolver I
Resolver I

Filtering columns from a SharePoint list

Hi,
I'm trying to create a Visitor Register to enable me check that all Visitors have all been accounted for in case of an emergency such as a fire.

We have a number of different locations which in a previous screen I have managed to create using a cacade dropdown box and use the Sort(Distinct) & Distinct ](Filter) formulas which i have now incorporated in this 'Register'screen.
To assist in identifying all visitors I need to filter the locations in my app, by the date of the issuedate of the badge.

So if 3 visitors are in block A and 6 in block B i want to put in the criteria - Date and Block A and get back only 3 results and if i put in Date and Block B i get back  only 6 results.

Any idea how I can acheive this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi 

Thanks for your assist in this matter.

I've adapted your formula slightly to  -

Filter('Image ID', IssueDate = BadgeIssueDate.Text, Department.Value = RegisterDeptDropDown.Selected.Result).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LRVinNC
Super User
Super User

Assuming the SP list was Register, the date was in VisitDate, the block was in a text column VisitBlock, and there was a drop down to collect the desired block called ddDisplayBlock, I believe your filter would be something close to:

Filter(Register, VisitDate = Today() && VisitBlock.Value = ddDisplayBlock.Selected.Title)

LRVinNC

------------------
Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ClarkyPA365 ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Could you please share more details about the data structure of your data source? Which type column do you use to store the Visit Block value within your SP list? Choice type column?

I assume that you used a Choice type column in your SP List to store the Visit Block value, and use a Date type column to store the issuedate, is it true?

If you want to filter records from your SP list based on the issuedate and Visist Block value, please take a try with the following formula:

Filter(
        'YourSPList',
         issuedate = DatePicker1.SelectedDate,    /* <-- DatePicker1 represents the DatePicker control in your app */
         VisitBlockColumn.Value = VisitBlockDropdownBox.Selected.Value           /* <-- VisitBlockDropdownbox represents the Dropdown box in your app to list the avaiable Block values */
)

More details about the Filter function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Filter function

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi 

Thanks for your assist in this matter.

I've adapted your formula slightly to  -

Filter('Image ID', IssueDate = BadgeIssueDate.Text, Department.Value = RegisterDeptDropDown.Selected.Result).

View solution in original post

Hi @ClarkyPA365 ,

Have you solved your problem?

Is the solution I provided above helpful in your scenario?

If the solution I provided above is helpful in your scenario, and you have solved your problem, please go ahead to click "Accept as Solution" to identify this thread has been solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,935)