cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

Filtering data to show the last entries per item and then filter based on a column value

Hi all,

Sorry if the title is misleading but I need some help please with the following:

Table of data:         

ContainerIDContainerDate of testResult
120211/11/2110
234511/11/219.8
120212/11/218.7
234512/11/219.2
120213/11/217.9
234513/11/218.8
340013/11/2111.1

I would like to filter this table via powerapps gallery to show only those with a value in the 'Result' column between 8 and 9, in their latest entry, and remove the duplication. So the result would be:

ContainerIDContainerDate of testResult
234513/11/218.8

ContainerID 1 wont show because its most recent result is just below 8.

I can provide more info if required.

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try something like this:

Last(Filter(TableName, Result >8, Result<9))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

@Jeff_Thorpe sorry I did LastN instead and that seems to have worked now with the rest of your solution - Thanks heaps!

3 REPLIES 3
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

Try something like this:

Last(Filter(TableName, Result >8, Result<9))

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

@Jeff_Thorpe thanks for the help, but if I have more than one container matching this, it won't work as it is producing a record and not a table.....does that sound right? I have tried the code you suggested and that is an error being thrown back by powerapps

BrendanZ1
Helper V
Helper V

@Jeff_Thorpe sorry I did LastN instead and that seems to have worked now with the rest of your solution - Thanks heaps!

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,796)