cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harley525
Helper III
Helper III

Filtering data user

I want todo two things  one i want to filter my data for the user that has logged in and i want to not filter data for my app for the admin user.

I get one error on the first issue see attachments.

and for the second issue i don't know how to do this.

I hope to hear from you all how to solve this.

2 REPLIES 2
zmansuri
Super User
Super User

App: OnStart:

Set(varUser,Lower(User().Email));

Gallery Item:

Filter(DataSource,Lower(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail)=varUser);

if you have 1 or 2 admin and they are there for long time. You can hardcode their email id. Else you will have to create a table and provide them roles. or add roles to your existing user table.

Filter(DataSource,Lower(Office365Users.MyProfileV2().mail)=varUser || varUser=""xyz@gmail.com || varUser="abc@gmail.com");

that way if abc or xyz logs in they see all the data. but if someone else logs in they will see only their data

When using the email of the user and your data source is growing i can only see 500 in the preview,

i have seen in a video of Shane Young that you can go around this with the user id as you can see in the attachment of my first question.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,487)