cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan_gtz
Regular Visitor

Filtering down large datasets for use in a cascading gallery.

I am working on a PowerApps solution that requires the end users to go through different layers of sorting in order to eventually get to a gallery that has the relevant items based on their sorting criteria. For example I might have some cars and in the first screen I might have something like Chevy, ford, Nissan, Toyota. Then screen 2 I'll have SUV, car, and screen 3 might have red, blue, black etc. and ultimately it leads them to a product list based on their selections.

The issue is that the product list is huge (40k) records so I need all the filtering to be done with delegation or it won't show all the possible results.

How would you architect the app so that we can apply all the filtering we need when a lot of the functions that are used to implement the cascading functionality are non delegable?

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @dan_gtz ,

I have a blog on Delegation that may assist, but the simple answer to your question is that if the fields are Single Lines of Text and you only want a single selection to match the previous drop-down, then it will be Delegable.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,843)