cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joel_Stanley
Frequent Visitor

Filtering dropdown with lists choice

Hey all,

In my current project, I have two drop-downs (for this I will call them stationDD and kitDD) for a location and a kit ID. I want to set the kit drop-down to only show IDs that are marked for a cetain location as is set via lists (with the location being one of a multible choice).

I've been tinkering arond for hours trying to setup filtering to no luck. Any help is greatly appreciated

5 REPLIES 5
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

How is StationDD connected to KitDD?   Is the StationDD the location you want to filter by or does the item selected reference have the location in another column?

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

I've uploaded a screenshot of my lists data behind the app. The stationDD shows all the different colours under teams, which is linked to the status of that number in the column next to it. So what I'm trying to achieve when I select team blue in stationDD it will only show the numbers (in the kitDD) which have been marked as being with team blue and not team red.

vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Joel_Stanley You want cascading effect right.
You will select Team in first dropdown and in second dropdown only Title matching to selected team should populate?

Is it correct or something else?

If you want like this:

Then
First Dropdown Team, Items property = Distsinct(Teams)

secodn dropdown Title , Items property = Filter(SPList, Teams=dropdown1.selected,value).Title or you can use Depend on available in Advanced setting on the left side of the powerapps editor.

Please check.

@vish3027 

That is indeed what I'm after.

When I put in 'Distinct(Teams)' it's throwing a 'invalid number of arguments, received 1 expected 2 error code.

Then with the second box I get a 'the function filter has some invalid arguments' error (which I assume is linked to the error in the first box

vish3027
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

@Joel_Stanley it should be 

Distinct(splits,teams)

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events that are happening this month - don't miss out!

Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (4,468)