cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kriggo15
Post Patron
Post Patron

Filtering gallery based on both, text input and dropdown selection

I have a gallery based on a collection that I want to be able to use multiple dropdowns to filter the list and also have the ability to search using a textbox. Also, I need the dropdowns to contain distinct values.  I have both functions (search & filtering on dropdown) working separately, but cannot seem to get them to work together. How do I combine these 2 functions?

Filtering gallery based on Search box (works by itself):
Filter(StewardList2,TextSearchBox1_1.Text in 'Steward User - Subject Area'||TextSearchBox1_1.Text in 'Asset Name'||TextSearchBox1_1.Text in 'Steward User - Steward Type')

Filtering gallery based on dropdowns (works by itself):

Filter(StewardList2, 'Steward User - Steward Type' = Dropdown1.Selected.'Steward User - Steward Type' && 'Steward User - Onboarded?' = Dropdown2.Selected.'Steward User - Onboarded?')

Lastly, I need my dropdowns to contain only distinct values. I tried setting a variable using distinct on the fields but when I set the dropdown source as that variable, my filtering would not work. 
Formula: Set(DistinctAuthor,Distinct(StewardList2,'Steward User - Onboarded?'))

Need for applying distinct to the dropdowns:

ss1.png                    ss2.png

11 REPLIES 11

Hi @kriggo15 

If this has solved your problem, please give kudos and accept the reply as the solution so others can find it easily. 

Thanks!

Hardit

Glad it worked!

Good luck with the rest of the app!

Feel free to reach out in case of any questions!

Thanks,
Hardit

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,356)