cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSC01
Helper I
Helper I

Filtering gallery by combobox AND selected

Hi, i am trying to filter a gallery by 2 options. 

1st option i have managed to achieve by using a combo box and applying the following to the gallery - Filter('table', name in ComboBox.SelectedItems.Name) and this displays all the users with the selected options from the combobox.

the 2nd option is where i am stuck, i want to be able to have the option where i can filter the gallery to show users that only have for example all 3 items selected from the combobox. 

e.g. if A,B is selected from a list of A, B, C, D this will give a list of users with only A AND B not A or B.

John is displayed in the list as he has items A and B

Mick has items A and C so will not show in the list

Ben has only items B but will not show in the gallery list as he does not have A AND B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MSC01 ,

I did a test for you.

1\ Add a button control and set its onselect property to:

ClearCollect(Col,{code:"9901",resource:"andrew",postcode:"ol14bb"},{code:"baa",resource:"andrew",postcode:"ol14bb"},{code:"baa",resource:"ian",postcode:"le135hg"},{code:"baa",resource:"john",postcode:"ol86bh"},{code:"baa",resource:"antony",postcode:"ox61ny"},{code:"9901",resource:"ann",postcode:"b123an"})

2\ Add a combo box control and set its Items property to:

Distinct(Col,code)

3\ Add a gallery control and set its Items property to:

Filter(Ungroup(ForAll(Distinct(Col,resource) As A,If(CountRows(Filter(Ungroup(ForAll(ComboBox2.SelectedItems As B,Filter(Col,resource=A.Result,code=B.Result)),"Value"),IsBlank(code)))>0,Blank(),Ungroup(ForAll(ComboBox2.SelectedItems As B,Filter(Col,resource=A.Result,code=B.Result)),"Value"))),"Value"),!IsBlank(code))

4\ The result is as follows:

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1617934303409.png

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1617934314097.png

v-xiaochen-msft_2-1617934344010.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MSC01 ,

Could you tell me:

What is your data source? Is it a sharepoint list?

Do you have a Choice column? Are there four options "A", "B", "C", and "D"?Does it allow multiple selections?

If my assumptions are correct, I did a test for you.

1\ This is my list 'LIST105'. 'TestChoiceColumn' is a choice column. It allows multiple selections.

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1617763742120.png

2\ Add a combo box control 'ComboBox1' and set its Items property to:

Choices(LIST105.TestChoiceColumn)

Filter(ForAll(LIST105 As A,If(CountRows(Filter(ForAll(ComboBox1.SelectedItems As B,If(B.Value in A.TestChoiceColumn.Value,B.Value)),!IsBlank(Value)))=CountRows(ComboBox1.SelectedItems),A)),!IsBlank(Title))

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1617764432476.png

v-xiaochen-msft_2-1617764448908.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky
If my post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help others. Thanks.

MSC01
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, Thank you for your response.

My data source is CDS. The combobox is not a choice column. the gallery is also cds. the combobox allows for multiple choices to be selected as it is a long list of "criteria" for users . The gallery then filters the list based on the selected items in the combobox and views this. within the gallery is the name of the criteria selected and also the user belonging to that criteria. There can be multiple users belonging to the criteria selected in the dropdown.

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MSC01 ,

So, what's the "criteria" ? 

What's the formula of combobox Items property?

I don't know where the ABCD mentioned in your article comes from.

Best Regards,
Wearsky

MSC01
Helper I
Helper I

Hi,

The dropdown/combobox is a list of codes connected to CDS.

The gallery is connected to CDS and contains users that have those codes. 

The gallery is filtered via the drop down, e.g. Filter('codes', name in codesComboBox.SelectedItems.Name)

Both connected to CDS same table where it has users, codes and postcodes.

The gallery contain the user name, the code belonging to the user, and their postcode. 

I want to be able to filter the gallery so that it shows for example, from the combobox if i select the codes 9901 and baa, it will only show andrew as he has both codes

MSC01_1-1617888514472.png

v-xiaochen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MSC01 ,

I did a test for you.

1\ Add a button control and set its onselect property to:

ClearCollect(Col,{code:"9901",resource:"andrew",postcode:"ol14bb"},{code:"baa",resource:"andrew",postcode:"ol14bb"},{code:"baa",resource:"ian",postcode:"le135hg"},{code:"baa",resource:"john",postcode:"ol86bh"},{code:"baa",resource:"antony",postcode:"ox61ny"},{code:"9901",resource:"ann",postcode:"b123an"})

2\ Add a combo box control and set its Items property to:

Distinct(Col,code)

Filter(Ungroup(ForAll(Distinct(Col,resource) As A,If(CountRows(Filter(Ungroup(ForAll(ComboBox2.SelectedItems As B,Filter(Col,resource=A.Result,code=B.Result)),"Value"),IsBlank(code)))>0,Blank(),Ungroup(ForAll(ComboBox2.SelectedItems As B,Filter(Col,resource=A.Result,code=B.Result)),"Value"))),"Value"),!IsBlank(code))

v-xiaochen-msft_0-1617934303409.png

v-xiaochen-msft_1-1617934314097.png

v-xiaochen-msft_2-1617934344010.png

Best Regards,
Wearsky

View solution in original post

MSC01
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks for this, i have managed to progress with this, only difference i did was use the original data within the gallery- ClearCollect(Col, ForAll(Gallery1.AllItems,{code.Text, user: userNameLabel.Text})) as it was collecting the data as nested or grouped tables.

MSC01
Helper I
Helper I

hi is it possible to make the gallery switch between 2 sets of views - the original and then using the formula mentioned above. if a checkbox is unselected then its the original view of the list and if selected its the filtered list using the formula in the image

MSC01_0-1618494913586.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,491)