Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering graphs

Hello!

I need some help with a feature of Power Apps I've never really use, the graphics. So basically, I have a SharePoint list whose goal is to serve as a datbase for the "productivity" of different groups. The 3 important data fields are : 1.The different groups 2.The weeks (week1, week 2, week 3...) and the the productivity rate (in %). What I want is to be able to show Productivity per weeks for each separate group. The problem is that, for now, my graph displays all the group in a row. Like in the X values, the weeks go 1 2 3 4 5 6 with the correct Y values for 1 group and then it goes back 1 2 3 4 5 6 with the correct Y values but from the next group.

Is there a way to filter the data so I only display info cocnerning 1 group? If possible from a gallery choice I made from a previous screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Filtering graphs

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to display the productivity rate (in %) per weeks for each separate group?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Add a Gallery (Gallery1within your app, set the Items property to following:

Distinct('YourSPList', Lot)           /* <-- Display available groups from your SP List within the Gallery */

set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon within the Gallery to following:

Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.None)    /* <-- Press the ">" icon to navigate to Graph screen */

Then in your Graph control (Column chart, Line chart or Pie Chart), set the Items property to following:

Filter(
'YourSPList',
Lot = Gallery1.Selected.Result
)

then set the Label and Series proeprty of the your Graph control based on Weeks column (Semaine) and % Prod column (Pourcentage de ...).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Is it possible to show a screenshot of the data table being used in the graph? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capture.PNG

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

You could add a drop down that allows the user to select a Group then use the drop down selection to filter the Items property of the graph.

Example:

Graph Items Property: ilter('Data Source', ddGroup.Selected.Value = Groups)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to display the productivity rate (in %) per weeks for each separate group?

I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:

Add a Gallery (Gallery1within your app, set the Items property to following:

Distinct('YourSPList', Lot)           /* <-- Display available groups from your SP List within the Gallery */

set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon within the Gallery to following:

Navigate(Screen2, ScreenTransition.None)    /* <-- Press the ">" icon to navigate to Graph screen */

Then in your Graph control (Column chart, Line chart or Pie Chart), set the Items property to following:

Filter(
'YourSPList',
Lot = Gallery1.Selected.Result
)

then set the Label and Series proeprty of the your Graph control based on Weeks column (Semaine) and % Prod column (Pourcentage de ...).

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!!

It worked perfectly!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,410)