cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering on a text field from a collection rather than a data source works differently?

I have a SQL Server data table which I am using as the source for a collection.

When I try and filter the collection by one of the fields it appears to need trailing spaces added to find the record. When I use the original data source it doesn't.

 

In my full program when I patch a status record into the collection it doesn't appear to add the trailing spaces into the record, it only appears to be when the collection is created from the source database?

 

I've tested this using the following code on a button to create and filter the collection

ClearCollect(TestVehicle, Filter('[dbo].[Vehicle]', FleetID =51063));
ClearCollect(TestDepotHistory, Filter('[dbo].[DepotHistory]', FleetID=51063));
ClearCollect(TestDepotHistoryDepotName,AddColumns(TestDepotHistory,"DepotName",LookUp('[dbo].[Depot2]',DepotID=TestDepotHistory[@DepotID],Depot)));

 

When I put a data field up and try to show the data filtered on "Assignment Status" from the collection requires me to put "Current   " into the filter to show it.

 

When I change the datasource of the filter to the SQL table it will filter using "Current"

 

I have another text field in the table which is a user name, this field appears to filter correctly for both the collection and the source data table.

 

Anyone have an explanation for me?

 

I've set both of the text fields to Nvarchar in the SQL DB, I don't think it's a coincidence it's Nvarchar(10) for the Status field and "Current" plus 3 spaces = 10.

I've run a Rtrim command over the field in the db to ensure there are no trailing spaces there.

 

I've attached some screenshots if that helps...

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

 

After doing a small test I can confirm it's not related to the field type.

 

I can see your sql server table name still with the prefix "dbo" while since a few months ago the new naming convention going forwards is to not include the dbo prefix. Please try remove the connections and add those tables again into Power Apps.

 

If this issue persists, please check the versions of SSMS and other components, mine are as follows:

 

vjefferni_0-1629367196198.png

 

Hope this helsp.

 

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

 

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

 

Thanks for the info.

 

My SQLSMSS is an older version it would appear (why would that make a difference though?) and I have 30-odd tables to remove and replace which will take quite some time and take the app down for the duration as well. I'll have to try and find a slot to get that done when no-one is using it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Power Apps Ideas

Changes to Ideas Coming

We are excited to announce a new way to share your ideas for Power Apps!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,868)