cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

Re: Filtering out Gallery items based on another Gallery.

@MarkSL As mentioned on another thread, we have identified the issue and we are actively working on a hotfix.  We will keep the thread posted as we know more.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

Update: A hotfix has been validated and is approved for deployment. Once deployed, you will need to edit your app(s) in Studio and re-publish. I will update this thread once hotfix deployment is complete.

Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

Update: We are still working to deploy the hotfix. We encountered a technical issue which prevented us from deploying sooner. I will update this thread again once hotfix deployment is complete.

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Hey Mark, from looking at your code I would check to make sure that the type of argument is the same, as in that SiteName and UserSite are both text values. Using the Selected/SelectedText can return a record instead of a field value so you might need to add a .SiteName or .Result (in the event you are using something like Distinct to get the list) or something like that. Example:

Set(UserSite, combo_SiteName.SelectedText.SiteName);
Set(UserLocationCode, LookUp(LoggedInUsersDetails, SiteName = UserSite)

Even if it is a single column table, PowerApps will still interpret it as a record instead of a text value. Maybe try that and see if it sorts things out?

Also, one thing with your LoggedInUsersDetail code: while it obviously works as is, you may want to use the ClearCollect function instead of Clear and then Collect. Something like this:

Set(LoggedInUserEmail, User().Email);
ClearCollect(
    LoggedInUsersDetails,
    Filter(
        '[dbo].[View_UserDetails]',
        UserEmail = LoggedInUserEmail
    )
);

It cleans things up a bit if you don't have to expressly call Clear first. Exceptions to this would be if you are using a ForAll loop and collecting within it; then you would need to clear the collection before the ForAll loop and use Collect. 

At any rate, let me know if that previous issue is resolved by my suggestion or not. If it isn't, we'll keep at it!

Super User
Super User

@_Corey_, thanks again for the updates and all the work in getting the gallery issues resolved! It is appreciated!

Power Apps Staff _Corey_
Power Apps Staff

Final update: A hotfix to address the issue has been successfully deployed. The updated Studio version is v3.19052.20.115177617. You will need to edit your app(s) in Studio and re-publish for the fix to take effect--please remember that it make take up to a few minutes for the newly published app(s) to be packaged and available to players (web or mobile). Please report any issues you experience with this update.

Once again, we are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Super User Class of 2020

Check it out!

thirdimage

New Badges

Check it out!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,909)