cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LKMead
Frequent Visitor

Filtering same column by multiple values and concat

Hi 

I have a table that Im wanting to be filtered by certain peoples names, so that all records with these names are filtered into a separate collection. 

The peoples names/initials are retrieved from a separate filtered collection transferred into a string using concat, and manipulating the separators etc to put them into a filter formula. "AMC","LME","NFI"

Im struggling to find the base formula that will allow multiple names be filtered from one column to create the new collection or im not working in the And/Or Functions Correctly

For example

Collect(colcrewstatall, Filter(colcrewdataall, Operator = "ConcatValue1", Operator = "ConcatValue2", Operator = "ConcatValue3", Operator = "ConcatValue4"))

or the filtering formula values are pulled as text from a label control etc (concat data)

Powerapps accepts the formula but nothing happens or puts all records in collection without filtering first. 

3 REPLIES 3
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Collect(colcrewstatall, Filter(colcrewdataall, Operator = "ConcatValue1" || Operator = "ConcatValue2" || Operator = "ConcatValue3" || Operator = "ConcatValue4"))

try that

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

though don't forget to clear your collection between presses since that is only doing the collect instead of ClearCollect

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

I was clearing the collect before each use, Thanks! that base formula works but not when filtering with the concat values. Im going to try again and see how it goes

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,355)