cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustDabbling
Regular Visitor

Filtering subfolder data in gallery using text box

Hello, thanks in advance for any assistance. 

I am adding a feature to a functioning app. It is currently set up using Shane's filter function based on isfolder:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-b8w9ea1kk 

I'm trying to figure out how to filter the data inside each folder by using a search text box. Is this possible??

I got the fx to not have any errors (lol), but when I type in my search box while inside a folder, it takes me back to the folder list at the first level, instead of to the document I'm referencing within the folder. How do I get it to locate a document at the second level? This is what I have so far...

If(!IsBlank(TextInput1_1), SortByColumns(Filter('Sharepoint Doc Gallery', 'REF Number' = Value(TextInput1_1.Text)),"REFNumber", Descending), Sort(Filter('Sharepoint Doc Gallery', 'Folder path' = varfolderpath2), Name, Ascending))

I know I'm missing a piece, but I can't figure it out 😕  I'm still new to this, so I could have it all wrong. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JustDabbling
Regular Visitor

OH MY GOSH... after a week of fumbling with this, I figured it out ::face palm:: It was a context error on my part. I removed the text in red and it's working now... ugh! 

If(!IsBlank(TextInput1_1), SortByColumns(Filter('Sharepoint Doc Gallery', 'REF Number' = Value(TextInput1_1.Text)),"REFNumber", Descending), Sort(Filter('Sharepoint Doc Gallery', 'Folder path' = varfolderpath2), Name, Ascending))

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JustDabbling
Regular Visitor

OH MY GOSH... after a week of fumbling with this, I figured it out ::face palm:: It was a context error on my part. I removed the text in red and it's working now... ugh! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,441)