cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filtering table based on a column in Collection

Hello, I am trying to filter a table based on values in a column in collection. Below is what I am trying but it won't work:

Step1: The collection is created by reading text from a input box that may contain comma separated values:

ClearCollect(codes,Split(inputSearchCode.Text,","))

Step2: Setting the table source to a filter expression to filter table data based on values in the above collection:

Filter('[app].[CODES]',CODE in codes.Result)

When I try the above, I do not get any errors. I also see the values parsed in the collection, but the table won't show any results.

Attached is the screenshot of collection with values in it.

3 REPLIES 3
eka24
Super User
Super User

In your step2, what is the name of your table. What are the relevant column names.
Anonymous
Not applicable

table name is app.CODES, and CODE is the column on this table that needs to be filtered based on values from Step1.

v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on the formula that you mentioned, I could not find any syntax error with it. I suppose this issue may be related to the value within your codes collection -- each value within the codes collection includes a space.

On your side, please consider modify your formula as below:

Filter(
         '[app].[CODES]',
          CODE in Trim(codes.Result)  // Modify formula here
)

Please consider take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,310)