cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RustyAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Filtering with Multiple Checkboxes

Hi everyone, 

So i have sharepoint list with some project info in it, one of the tables is called Status, in it I have, On Hold, Ongoing and Completed.

In my power app, i'm using a gallery and I'm trying to filter using checkboxes with the same Status name, but I have a problem.

Firstly Here's my code so far, its currently missing code for the Completed checkbox:

Filter('ProjectDetails', (Status.Value = (If(chkOnHold.Value,"On Hold","Ongoing"))) Or (Status.Value = (If(chkOngoing.Value,"Ongoing","On Hold"))))

The problem think i cant figure out how to get is my Else to show all my projects in the gallery, right now if i check "On Hold" i get the projects that are On Hold, and if i uncheck it i get all the projects that are On Hold and Ongoing but not Completed, same for the Ongoing checkbox and if i check both On Hold and Ongoing i get both.

Basically what i'm looking for is this:

When the app loads and all boxed are not checked, all projects are displayed. And when i check any box or combination of boxes i i get the associated projects.

Any ideas, thanks

7 REPLIES 7
eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Is it possible to replace the textboxes with a combobox?

Combobox Items: Choices(Datasource.Satus.Value)

Then filter as:

Filter(ProjectDatails, Status.Value in Combobox.Selected.Status)

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

RustyAdmin
Frequent Visitor

it could, but i was trying to see if and how it could be done, for learning purposes 🙂

Your formula does not include complete criteria:

Filter('ProjectDetails',
(Status.Value = (If(chkOnHold.Value,"On Hold","Ongoing"))) Or (Status.Value = (If(chkOngoing.Value,"Ongoing","On Hold"))) Or (If(chkComplete.Value,"Complete","Completed"))))

Or

If(chkOnHold.Value,
Filter(ProjectDatails,Status.Value ="On Hold") Or
If(chkOngoing.Value,
Filter(ProjectDatails,Status.Value ="Ongoing") Or
If(chkComplete.Value,
Filter(ProjectDatails,Status.Value ="Complete"))))

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

RustyAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Hi eka24,

The second option looks closer to what I'm trying to achieve but it isn't working and if I just ran the first portion, it would leave my app blank until I checked the box.

If(chkOnHold.Value,
Filter(ProjectDetails,Status.Value ="On Hold")

Changing it to the following would give the correct result but I suspect that won't work as easily for the entire thing.

If(chkOnHold.Value,
Filter(ProjectDetails,Status.Value ="On Hold"), ProjectDetails)

With regards to option 2 not working, I'm getting the following error when i use what you provided:

Invalid Argument Type: Expected one of the following: Boolean, Number, Text, OptionSetValue.

Expected Table Value.

Any idea whats causing this?

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Follow this approach which I have tested:

1. On OnCheck of  chkComplete CheckBox

Collect(ColStatus,"Complete")
OnUnCheck
Remove( ColStatus,First( Filter( ColStatus, Value="Complete" ) ) )

2. On OnCheck of  chkOngoing CheckBox

Collect(ColStatus,"Ongoing")
OnUnCheck
Remove( ColStatus,First( Filter( ColStatus, Value="Ongoing" ) ) )

3. On OnCheck of  chkOnHold CheckBox

Collect(ColStatus,"On Hold")
OnUnCheck
Remove( ColStatus,First( Filter( ColStatus, Value="On Hold" ) ) )

4. Filter as Follows:
Filter(ProjectDatails,Status in ColStatus.Value)
OR
Filter(ProjectDatails,Status.Value in ColStatus.Value)
------------

RustyAdmin
Frequent Visitor

Hi eka24 I'm getting a problem with the last the Filter at #4.  Because im using a sharepoint list, It seems the 'in' is not delegable, is there any way around this? Thanks

eka24
Super User III
Super User III

Then create a collection Onvisible of the screen:

ClearCollect (MyProject, ProjectDatails)

Change the formula on #4 to;

4. Filter as Follows:
Filter(MyProject,Status in ColStatus.Value)
OR
Filter(MyProject,Status.Value in ColStatus.Value)

If you have issues, give a screenshot
------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,824)