Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AA53
Helper I
Helper I

Find Duplicates Button

Hey All,

I would like to have a button Onselect will compare the five values inserted by the client in the form with the existing list in share point to decide whether or not there is a duplication in  the inserted values.

AA53_0-1597988093553.png

I set the button to the below code but it is not working.

AA53_1-1597988139199.png

Any advice on what I should do next?? Thank you in advance

13 REPLIES 13

Please accept the reply/message that solved your problem. This will help others find the solution quickly. Also, if you liked my messages/replies, please consider giving kudos (Thumbs Up). 

Now about your next question, Status could be an option set field with may be two values Yes & No (or whatever your status values are). Same thing for Category and Action. This way, the only text field will be Project Name. 

So the possibility of duplication will happen only if some mistypes the project name, which is less unlikely than having all fields as text. Does this make sense? 

---
If you like this reply, please give kudos (Thumbs Up). And if this solves your problem, please mark this reply as a solution by selecting Accept as Solution. This makes it easier for others to find answers to similar questions. 

Thanks!

Hardit Bhatia

Microsoft Business Applications MVP

Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | YouTube  |  Email

Hardit thank you,

Excuse my limited experience how do I set status, also could you elaborate more ? 

Unfortunately my values do not have yes or no or a choice. What I have to complete is to an application to allow employees write about lessons learned from the projects they participate in at school. So values inserted will be unique, but some duplicates will happen and this is why I want a button to mention whether or not the items exist.

Does this explain my point?

Sure. In that case, your approach is fine. 

If any of my previous messages helped you to get to the solution, please consider clicking on "Accept as a solution".

Feel free to reach out in case of more questions. 

Thanks,

Hardit Bhatia

Thank you Hardit very much really appreciate it

I have another question if I may please.

I have one icon that I have display mode as shown below. I want it to be enabled only when user enter all required field and when the button to check for duplicates is already selected. otherwise hide it.  However, Button. ! pressed does not work. 

Is there any way to allow this to happen. 

AA53_0-1598000962439.png

Thank you in advance

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,944)