cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sifu Resolver I
Resolver I

Find conjunction of two lists

Hi guys,

I have a situation where we use the Office365Groups... in this example its related to MS TEAMS. Our users can be members of all kind of groups that exist or create their own for their own purpose. There are however few (about 10) groups that are on a higher level and should cover a whole department (for example HR, IT, Sales, ...etc)... lets call them Department groups. 

When a user joins such group he can (within a SPO list ) choose a dropdown the list he wants to join ...I generate csv, powershell reads it and user gets in.

When user wants to leave, i am unable to show him the Department groups he is in. this command: Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2() can show you in which groups you are in, but i want to filter it for the Department groups... something like Distinct((Filter('Departments vs 365Group', "xy" exactin Title)),'Title') where xy would be replaced by "ListOwnedGroupsV2"... but somehow it wont work. any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Find conjunction of two lists

Hi @Sifu ,

Please try this:

Distinct(Filter('Departments vs 365Group',
                  Title exactin Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName 
                  ),'Title')

Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName will return a table. You can not use "table in field" as filter condition.

You need to use "field in table".

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
dynamicsedge Power Participant
Power Participant

@Sifu 

Does it work if you try this:

Instead of

Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2() exactin Title 

Does it work if you try something along the lines of:

Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName exactin Title 

The above idea may actually need to be in context of the evaluation of each individual record of a table though and changed a little bit, so the above is just a starting point.

Sifu Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @dynamicsedge , thanks for input,

so the function: Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2()

my list of department groups: Departments vs 365Group

and the formula: 

Distinct((Filter('Departments vs 365Group', Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName exactin Title)),'Title')

is not working, wont show anything

dynamicsedge Power Participant
Power Participant

@Sifu 

It was not intended to be used literally like that, for an exact literal working example for your case, we don't have it now but if we have it later we might reply here.

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sifu ,

Please try this:

),'Title')

Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName will return a table. You can not use "table in field" as filter condition.

You need to use "field in table".

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Sifu Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-yutliu-msft  works totally well! Superb job, thaaaaaanks a  loooot!

Sifu Resolver I
Resolver I

@v-yutliu-msft one more question, i noticed that other users are not able to get anything in this drop down, only me...

),Title)

if i place additional dropdown in the form with Distinct(('Departments vs 365Group'),Title)

or Office365Groups.ListOwnedGroupsV2().value.displayName,  they get results in both, but if I combine them, its only me who gets results

EDIT: i just realized that its only showing groups where you are owner hence if the user is not an owner of a group theres no intersection... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,080)