cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stapes
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Finding all the Stored Procedures used in an App

I have reached the point where I have numerous Apps, numerous Flows & numerous SQL Stored Procedures being executed.

Is there a quick way of obtaining a list of all required Stored Procedures, so that we can keep track of dependencies.

I have tried exporting the app, then using Visual Studio to open the folder and search for expressions. I have also tried using the DOS findstr command.

I can find the search strings sure enough but then the problem is understanding the information in a coherent manner.

The Folder names in the Exported Apps are all GUIDS and the Filenames are all identical - i.e: definition.json

Also, there is only one single line of code in each of these files - an enormously long line of code.

The only bit I am interested in is the procedure name, shown in the path property, and the displayName property, which shows the name of the Flow which calls it. (I searched on "procedures" using findstr)

To be sure, I have already compiled the information I need by hand, but it would be very handy to have a way of doing this quickly & efficiently (avoiding human error).

I guess I could write a piece of code to do it.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @stapes ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you fire a flow from your canvas app to execute the SQL Stored Procedures action?

Further, do you want to retrieve all Stored Procedures used in your canvas app?

If you want to retrieve all Stored Procedures used in your canvas app, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Even though, you export your canvas app into a package file, within the manifest.json file, it would display the connection resources used within your canvas app, including connections which your flow relies on. So it would include SQL Server connection (identified with unique GUID value) within the manifest.json file, but it would not contain the SQL Stored Procedure detail info.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks . You have correctly identified what I want. I am simply trying to list all the Stored Procedures used by my App.

They will all have been called by a Flow, which in turn is being run from the Canvas App.

I have already managed to find the Stored Procedure names from the manifest.json files.

If there isn't already a method of doing this, I will knock up a Console App that can.

Thank you.

Hi @stapes ,

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider design a programming code (e.g. C# code) to extract the Stored Procedure names from the XML structure within the manifest.json file.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (42,417)