cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

Finding and cleaning up Rules?

I have a couple of rules that are non-functional and the health checker tells me. The problem is I can't find where they are to delete them? When you click on a bad rule it is shown but you can't delete and it doesn't say where the rule is. Am I missing something?

Rule Cleanup.pngBad Rules Cleanup

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lucia
Level 8

Re: Finding and cleaning up Rules?

Maybe try to modified it so you do not have the warning triangle a try then.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Super User
Super User

Have you tried clicking on "Rules" on the home screen and then unchecking the "show only rules for this control" at the bottom of the pane. Then you should be able to see all the Rules and delete the ones you don't want by clicking on the trash can next to the Rule.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @BrianHFASPS ,

Could you please share a bit more about your issue?

Do you want to remove the "Bad" Rules from your app?

Based on the screenshot that you mentioned, I think there is someting wrong with the Conditions you added within the Rule2. You do not define the Condition within your Rule2 properly.

If you want to remove the Rule2, please check the following GIF screenshot for more details:Test.gif

On your side, please consider switch to the Rules tab within your Home Screen right dynamic content panel, then you would see the Rules you defined within current screen. Then you could click the "Trash" icon along side the Rule to delete the corresponding Rule.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BrianHFASPS
Level 8

@Jeff_Thorpe wrote:

Have you tried clicking on "Rules" on the home screen and then unchecking the "show only rules for this control" at the bottom of the pane. Then you should be able to see all the Rules and delete the ones you don't want by clicking on the trash can next to the Rule.

I have tried that but I don't see any way to delete from that screen?

All Rules.pngAll rules

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

I can't find a trashcan icon anywhere?

Delete Rule.pngTrashcan missing?

lucia
Level 8

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

BrianHFASPS
Level 8

@lucia wrote:

Hope this helps

That was so obvious not sure why I didn't think of it. I just deleted the contents of the rule and made it blank. Which then changed the warning triangle to trashcan. Apparently you can't delete a broken rule only a blank or working one. Doesn't really make sense but I guess that is why it is still experimental. At least I cleaned it up now and my health check is clean again. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,854)