cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding the TennantID

Probably a silly question. Do you know where I can find the tennantID for PowerApps? I can find the environment, session and appid but no obvious location for the main tennant. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

OK I feel silly. THanks for your help! The tennant ID can also be found in the URL of the main web.powerapps.com page. Doh'! 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Do you mean this: https://portal.azure.com/#blade/Microsoft_AAD_IAM/ActiveDirectoryMenuBlade/Properties

(Click on it and log in with the account you want to know the tenant id from)

Let me know if that was what you wanted to know.

iAm_ManCat
Super User
Super User

Hey,

If you create a Flow trigger from the App and then use the PowerPlatform for Admins and/or PowerApps for Admins connectors, you can get the tenantID directly:

image.png

image.png

So once you have that, you could send that back to PowerApps (assuming that's what you're doing?) using Respond to PowerApps

image.png

image.png

Or you could have set it as a variable or a Compose so that it doesnt run for each loop and send back for each - point is there are many different ways to do this. I have for example written our company's PowerApp data extraction Flow so that it pushes all that data to multiple sharepoint lists, which my Apps can then pick up easily without worrying about admin permissions to Apps being required.

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

OK I feel silly. THanks for your help! The tennant ID can also be found in the URL of the main web.powerapps.com page. Doh'! 

Hey,

The ID in the Web.powerapps URL is the EnvironmentID, not the TenantID - if you change your environment you'll see that it changes while you are still within the same tenant:

image.png

Cheers,

ManCat

@iAm_ManCat

Please 'Mark as Solution' if someone's post answered your question and always 'Thumbs Up' the posts you like or that helped you!

Thanks!
You and everyone else in the community make it the awesome and welcoming place it is, keep your questions coming and make sure to 'like' anything that makes you 'Appy
Sancho Harker, MVP

dimi
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@iAm_ManCatthat is correct however, having a Default environment (and not changing it) will have your Tenant Id so my guess is that this is the case for @BrianKnight  🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Users online (2,273)