cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Murky
Regular Visitor

Firefox Scrollbar Rendering Bug

Firefox is displaying scrollbars on galleries even if the disable scrollbars control is checked.

Here is what the control should look like (This is chrome though Microsoft edge [using the chromium engine] also displays the control correctly):

Murky_0-1613244819111.png

Murky_1-1613244908131.png

This is the same app and version but rendering with Firefox:

Murky_2-1613245043227.png

As you can see the little scroll bar appears on the gallery itself. This doesn't change in the editor's play function, nor in the actual published version of the app. That scroll bar appears in there no matter where you are coming from. Though I haven't tried embedding this app specifically in a SharePoint site, at my work we have several embedded apps that show the scrollbar.

This issue is not isolated as it happens in my personal environment, and the developing environment I use at work (Completely separate accounts/billing/everything [My environment is not part of organization, it is completely separate.] ). This happens for myself and other users within both environments on separate machines. The issue only occurs on Firefox (Version 85 at home, version 82 at work). I have modified every app advanced setting and combinations of settings and widths and galleries. Making a new gallery in a blank app still has this issue. I have been fighting this for a few months now but I think I can declare it a bug finally. (Though please give me suggestions to try!)

In doing some preliminary research it seems that disabling scrollbars (via CSS) is not always universal. My hunch is pointed to this. I editing the loaded pages CSS to include the line scrollbar-width: none; and this did remove the scrollbar.

Before HTML edit:

Murky_5-1613245862189.png

After HTML edit:

Murky_6-1613245887785.png

I did some research to find any way to edit the app's HTML/CSS logic but came up empty handed. Is there any way to realistically implement this fix?

If not, when could I expect to see something like this fixed? (Or am I totally off base?)

Slightly disgruntled dev:

-Murky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Murky ,

Thank your reporting this issue. I have reproduced it on my end.

In FireFox:

126.png

In Edge and Chrome:

127.png

For now, I haven't seen any solution to permanently resolve this issue. Could you consider raise a ticket on support page? I would report to the team as well.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Murky ,

Thank your reporting this issue. I have reproduced it on my end.

In FireFox:

126.png

In Edge and Chrome:

127.png

For now, I haven't seen any solution to permanently resolve this issue. Could you consider raise a ticket on support page? I would report to the team as well.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

Just a note, Firefox has never been the best browser to work with MS products.    It often has issues like this.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (2,722)