cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
awalker
Helper IV
Helper IV

First Item in Gallery not displaying in App unless Edit screen is opened and closed again

In my mobile and PC app the first item in any gallery will display blank until I open and close the Edit screen.

When I open the app in edit mode on my PC the galleries work properly.

Any help is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After playing around some more today I found a unused variable in the icon opens/navigates to the screen with the gallery.

InkedGalleryItem 1_LI.jpg

I removed the unused variable and it fixed the issue - for now. The variable had nothing to do with the gallery or anything on the screen that contains the gallery. But it seems to have caused the first item returning empty initially. Oddly enough - that variable has been there for almost a year but only recently started causing this issue. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
eka24
Super User
Super User

What formula do you have in the Items property of the Gallery. 

Also do you have any formula OnVisible of the Edit Screen?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Consider Checking My Youtube Channel

There is nothing in the OnVisible property of the Edit Screen.

In the Items property of the Gallery I have a version of this:

If(IsBlank(TextInput5), SortByColumns(colMileageLog, "Date", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)),
SortByColumns(Filter(colMileageLog, StartsWith(BusinessPurpose, TextInput5.Text)
Or BusinessPurpose = TextInput5.Text
Or BusinessPurpose in TextInput5.Text
Or Date = Value(TextInput5.Text)),
"Date", If(SortDescending1, Ascending, Descending)))

The app works with collections that can be synced to sharepoint if wifi connection is established.

This is a recent issue. I've been using the app for over a year now and this didn't start until about a week ago. I don't think anything changed in the way of formulas or functions on those screens prior to this happening. 

awalker
Helper IV
Helper IV

This is still an issue. Any troubleshooting ideas would be greatly appreciated.

mike-beckett
Advocate I
Advocate I

Has anyone found out anything about the "first gallery item issue"? I've has this problem for years, where the first gallery item shows properly temporarily, then gets replaced with nothing. My html text is there, but no values.

If the list is re-filtered for any reason, it shows up properly.

This has been happening for several years over 3 apps. This is like the Powerapps Studio buggy undo function: it will be ignored until people just stop complaining about it. Don't expect this to be fixed; it's been broken for years.

After playing around some more today I found a unused variable in the icon opens/navigates to the screen with the gallery.

InkedGalleryItem 1_LI.jpg

I removed the unused variable and it fixed the issue - for now. The variable had nothing to do with the gallery or anything on the screen that contains the gallery. But it seems to have caused the first item returning empty initially. Oddly enough - that variable has been there for almost a year but only recently started causing this issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,010)